ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Frederick Desimpel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Frederick Desimpel

Frederick Desimpel has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

10 October 2003
ok, i'm in...

did some early sketches last night, just some quick b&w stuff to try some ideas. They might not be all that clear yet, it's just for my own experiment, mind. I think i'l create a whole lot of such sketches before committing to one to work out further.

ok, the first one: hmm, not much to say about that one yet, but it works inspriring, maybe i'l use some elements of it.

another: this is more what i like it to be, organic, big recurring patterns. think fractals...

Last edited by Cyberdigitus : 10 October 2003 at 05:08 PM.

10 October 2003
third, something different: Not sure what the scale of this would be, it could be just some texture of the ground, or a view on a horizon. compare to image 5 (third in this post)

from the former image i came up with this, not really related to the challenge, but i like it anyhow. maybe i'l do something with it as a side project. this also shows that scale is dificult to convey without any character.

then again, the former gave ideas to some crater like structure/ground. again, could be half the size of the planet, or something more citylike

that's it for a first post, i hope to update often, but since we have three months i'l take it at ease. i just hope to come up with soemthing and finish it, my former challenge didn't go along too well.

Last edited by Cyberdigitus : 10 October 2003 at 05:07 PM.

10 October 2003
i like the 1st and the 5th most. You should combine those two and make a hybrid between them!

10 October 2003
thanks for the quick reply...

well, if you look well you can see i did combining them a bit. look at the structure on the left of image 5. looks a lot like the one in img 1 eh? it was a bit subconcious but i could work on it more indeed.

i see that structure as something made out of flesh in a way. not sure about it though. i'l clarify in a next sketch.

01 January 2004
Hey!!!

This image has a special sense.!

I sm afraid it.
It has a special soul.

I think that you know what are you doing.
If my guess will be true,you want to show us a dream.

Very inspirational,

Do it faster please,
You have strong and dangerous ideas.

01 January 2004
Too bad you haven't finished on time, as judging by your sketch it would have been a really cool pic. It's a very nice sketch though. Cheers mate

My 3D Space Opera

01 January 2004
oh, nice to get some encouraging replies, even after the challenge has ended. i appreciate it.

i like to tell dreams, yeah, i guess you've put that very nice, saturen, thank you.

too bad i haven't really worked on it anymore. there was plenty of time this time around, but i have this difficulty to stick with a project, maybe next time?

I did do something with that alien, though. it's been a while since i worked on that too, but you can see what i did in this thread on 3Dbuzz

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread