texture/light/render - character - kaiskai

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2002   #46
yeah I'll give a lot of thanks to CHI on the vertabrae, he kept sending me back my renders with photoshop retouches and I would make the corresponding changes, four diffeent specualrities on themetal.

As for the green when I was taking out the green from everything else I somehow missed those, so don't worry I'll get them.. At onepoint every thing was greener but Chi yet again said scrap the green. I do all the labour and he just yells at me and he's almost always right. I hate him Tha pads are a lot darker due to the lighting so if you want to know what the pads will look like at the end look up a few early posts and thats a better represntation.

Old 05 May 2002   #47
a small update to srota show what the ornamental stuff is like. There are many different but all related insignia's on this tiger now. Witht he extension now I feel there will be no problems getting a final render but whether or not it is a full scene I cannot tell. Any feed back if possible please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg testtext.jpg (47.1 KB, 570 views)

Old 05 May 2002   #48
Looking great Kaiskai!! Very cool texture so far
Maybe add some scratches and damage to it though....

Old 05 May 2002   #49
!!! everytime i jump here my jaw drop down to the ground.........amazing....simply amazing................ u just ROCK'N'ROX :airguitar
It is time to put some stars here

B-movie

Old 05 May 2002   #50
Talking Reversal

Looks like it's coming along...I agree...you deserve some stars. My only crit is that I think that on the last image you just posted... those textures should be on the upper most showing parts of it's body and the rusty redish looking ones should be on the lower parts of his body, just kinda reversing them. That's just what I would do...because to me it looks like that underbelly piece is 'prettier' than the rusty redish (leather looking) ones, and is much harder to see when it's underneath(that's where that's going right? And I agree that you should put some scatches on them....just a few in moderation. Looks great...keep up the good work.

Old 05 May 2002   #51
yes scratches, easy to do wil take some tme, will do that after the rest of the ornamentals, thanks for the comments. as well as some stains to get rid of the cleanliness of it.

B.schulz: Your right it will be on the belly (and th side piece too, and ther are some othe areas like the legs that will have some ornemental work to. Things are going faster and smoother now. You are right it is weird that the leather is far more rough than the metal ans all the metal work is underneath. I will look into getting more detail into the top as wel. The final image will most likely have two or three renders. at different angles. Still have a possible backup I am working on as well, still no confirmation as to whether I can use it so focus is now on this piece and not the other. Two versions at once What am I??? NUTZ?

Old 05 May 2002   #52
Sorry but the tiger update is still rendering and I'm on my way to school. Here is the quick BG I worked up in about three hours (including render time. Still don't have a final pose and this thing is hard to pose with XL's poor bone system and no time for really rigging him.
Damn I need a better webhost but no money
:thumbsdow

Forum won't let me upload the image either.

Gaaaargh If the image doesn't load drag and drop this into address bar

Old 05 May 2002   #53
Well these are from yesterday but I know you want to see something.

drag and drop if it doesn't load

drag and drop if it doesn't load

Last edited by Kaiskai : 05 May 2002 at 05:02 PM.

Old 05 May 2002   #54
fix the feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the second image, its not bad, well at least for you

i dunno aboot the bg though??

good work all the same

Old 05 May 2002   #55
Looking good, loving the nice metal work. Have you tried tweeking the color, just the color on the feet to either make them stand out, or just a little diferent. Right now I cannot tell what exactly they're made from, looks like a rusted metal, but the model seems to curvy for that. Have you tried a leather look?

Also if you feel like it, thinking about the kind of bruses etc. he might get in fights could add some depth to the texturing. If you dare maybe rip some of the model apart, to get rid of the symetry.

Looking good,

Farley13

Old 05 May 2002   #56
its funny how much better that BG looked in the morning. Ahhh well back to work need to fix the ground, get rid of that ugly rock in the front tweak the colours etc. As for the feet I gess they do seem to stand out and aren't well defined. I will think of something tonight. As for the surfaces, I'm not going to pull th model apart at all, but I will be adding scratches and such tonight. and finishing the head which is going good right now. I will be posing him in a less symmetrical pose, something dynamic have been sketching stuff all day while waiting for premiere to render on and SGI 200mhz 32 megs of ram crappy machine. Leica reel due today my ass.

Old 05 May 2002   #57
I have been watching this for a while now, but these last few updates are absoluty devine..! you say XL....This is cinema right.?
Is that the standard render..?

Top work anyway.!
Reply to me later...youve got work to do

Old 05 May 2002   #58
no the rendering in the last post is my storyboard leica reel rendering in Adobe premiere at school. lol

Yes I am using XL and it is taking a while to render now with GI so I have been rendering with three lights and soft shadows for now, AA of 1x1 min and 4x4 max. not too bad for render times, final will not have a bg anymore as I don't like the one I made and I have no time. I will give you an idea of all the render settings when the final image is done. I love XL's renderer most of the time, (95% of the time.) need bucket rendering and better caustics and depthof field but i do DOF in post for now.

Old 05 May 2002   #59
So I just spent the last ten or so minutes trying to render the eyes as an illumination test and was only getting black, couldn't figure it out what was wrong? then I noticed the editor view looked different than before. Centered my camer on the sleceted eye and this is what I got. I need some sleep tomorrow for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ooopswhatthefu.jpg (40.9 KB, 278 views)

Old 05 May 2002   #60
render is just finishing, should be another twenty or thirty minutes, Dang long render, longer than I thought.

share thread