:: Character :: Robot Lady ::

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
:: Character :: Robot Lady ::

ok, again im trying to model something to improve my skills, and again ill just post some pics here, hoping to keep my motivated in actually finishing that thing.

design is from a sketch off of fineart.sk. the sketch turned out to be a bit off perspectivewise so ive improvised a bit and im not quite sure which direction to finish this thing since i dont really like the upper part of the sketch. enough talk, heres a piktschure.

original sketch....

....::www.yellow-submarine.org::....

Last edited by Stimpy : 01 January 2003 at 05:47 PM.

01 January 2003
you know who she looks like? "Kos-mos" from Xenosaga.

01 January 2003
la le lu.. small update.

actually i heard shes some girl from "bubblegum crisis". i have never seen that anime so i wouldnt know...

01 January 2003
gubble bum

I heard about that movie, i wonder if it's worth a watch. Up in this northern country i'd never find it, but when i'm away from here i might. I like the model so far, it would look cool if the shaders were softer and white when rendered, but then I'm not the guy to ask or say about how things should look, hehe. Off of fineart.sk? I like that place, it has good references and pictures to make textures with. Anyhw, I'll be checking for updates, I like this so far. buhbyes

01 January 2003
i watched it when i was a kid. There hasn't a single image that i can remember

02 February 2003
Thumbs down

Looks great so far It's amazing though that robotic armour suits could be equipped with high heels.

The rest of this post is useless historical data.

Bubblegum Crisis was a cool series, I rented it about 8 years ago at a little video store in Quebec (so Aerestis you should be able to find it somewhere in this frozen land, I bought a few episodes of it at the Blockbuster in my town in Ontario about 3 years ago too). There were 8 parts in the first series, then it was followed up by a Blade Runner-ish mature series called AD Police Files, then came Bubble Gum Crash, and the original Crisis was remade or something last year. There are alot of cool robot designs through out, mostly the evil boomer bots, but the 4 girls each had a different suit of armour from what I recall.
The Guide to particleIllusion, and other pI resources

02 February 2003
It's a very stylish, cyberpunk anime show. I saw it years ago. It was one of my favorite series at the time. Kind of an anime all girl a-team vs. the evil corporation builting boomas (aka terminators) in a blade runner setting. Sounds funny but it has some cool action and the boomas when they shed their skin to go into action look very cool. I'd suggest renting them.

I think a second series was put together but used younger characters and bigger, cooler boomas.

Jason

02 February 2003
well well, im still going. finally found some time to update the model a little bit. next are the hands, and then i guess the back or the head.

since i still am not quite sure how everything actually looks like i might be doing some freestyle in some places..

end result will hopefully be toon shaded, btw.

02 February 2003
la la la lil update..
thumb is still missing, head as well... thought i gave the toon shader a little spin.

02 February 2003
Priss rulez man keep it up

02 February 2003
Cool!

Maybe you should give it more corners. Don't know the english word for it. But it's now all smooth. So it looks very humanoid wild metal protection clothes if you understand what I mean.

But it looks nice

[offtopic] Damn, my Englis sucks :annoyed: [/oftopic]

02 February 2003
the arms and the finger look funny looking to me.They look to wide but the concept art looks like that. But besides that the model is great. I was going to do the same model early but i cann't to girl models. the toon shader looks great too. keep up the work

02 February 2003
I like the model , but I think that a realistic Shader could work well for a better result ( just a speculation ).

Its going to be a great job

My last Thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43140
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
http://vimeo.com/18797985

02 February 2003
Talking

Thank you for the TIP of the LYCOS Web Space , I am already using it !!!!
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
http://vimeo.com/18797985

02 February 2003
Talking Very nice work!!

Hey Stimpy.. this is great man! i've seen covers of the series but never seen it either, but from the looks of it it seems you're definatelly getting it right. Also, the toonshader is awesome, it makes it look like a 2d drawing straight out of an anime series. Keep up the good work!

Thread Closed share thread