Base Mesh : Planes of the Head (John Asaro) VS. Topology

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2002
Hahahaha. Guess you just found the proper name for a double chin?

12 December 2002
nice...

wow, thats "phat" hehe.

i like the way the chin area and underneath adapted so well to becoming folds of fat instead of the trunk that accompanies a normal person.

so, you gonna pass this base mesh around once its done man??

after careful review of your posts, i thikn your right. youre wel on your way to creating a base john/jane doe to create char models from.

01 January 2003
This is the coolest base to make every kind of head i've ever seen

01 January 2003
@phreaknasty: why don't you make a (video) tutorial on that? It would be great!

01 January 2003
megaflaizer- i hope you're right that i'm right . Honestly I had thought of giving some version of the head away but due to unforseen issues i'm not sure if i can, at least not anytime soon.
ThirdEye- i've considered it, but my process isn't realy that interesting nor perhaps my skills worthy of the effort. the useful part seems to be the end result, but as stated above i'm not sure if that will work out. the other problem is that the head is already done so i'd have to reverse engineer the process. besides that being really boring and time consuming, i'm not sure what value that would have, being such a contrived effort at that point. thanks for the compliment
Magic Pen- thanks

Last edited by phreaknasty : 01 January 2003 at 06:03 PM.

01 January 2003
Very nice, just one thing:
I would change the flow around the nose to something more like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowchange.jpg (2.8 KB, 1903 views)

01 January 2003
I really like the results of your study. My favorite is the spiral around the ear - something i will try to incorperate into my own works. I've seen a couple people useing spirals as of late, and they seem to be a good addition in some cases.

The pudgy variant is great too, I'd like to see you push it into a few more of the shapes on that chart that was posted!

01 January 2003
This thread is becoming interesting too http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...5252#post355252

02 February 2003
Sorry to bump an old thread but since I was planning to build a base head mesh I was wondering what technique/process you did for that model? How'd you get the spiral effect, i've seen it before and think its prety cool.

By the way great model

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread