Environment/UH60 Flyby

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2004   #1
Environment/UH60 Flyby

http://www.toddlee.com/uh60/full_edit.avi

Hello all! This is my first time posting artwork here! I have been in the industry for several years and have been visiting this forum for inspiration and education for some time. This is a quick animation that shows our UH60 in action. I am interested in any C&C regarding the animation/Environment. Used 3DSMax5.1 and AE.

Thanks!

Old 02 February 2004   #2
I'm doing dome more shots with this scene and will post them shortly....

Old 02 February 2004   #3
The video plays for half a sec. and closes?

Old 02 February 2004   #4
Hmmm. Just downloaded it from my server and it plays fine here. It is MPEG4 v2 compression. 12 seconds long with sound. I'll post a quicktime version as well.

Old 02 February 2004   #5
Wow that's awesome man. Great work.

Old 02 February 2004   #6
Teriander...
Here is the same avi zipped. maybe you will have more luck with it.

http://www.toddlee.com/uh60/full_edit.zip

Old 02 February 2004   #7
great real camera simulation, one thing i want to ask, in the second part of animation when UH60 fly over the water, reflection of chopper in the water comes a little later... I know thats because of Bump map but it was only one thing which I found there. Nevertheless I like it very much, really.

one thing more: when camera sun and chopper are in line, chopper must bee darker that will causes more real-look of your animation, its just a question of postproduction. I hope that I was not too arrogant. But still i think, that is the great

I hope that you understand my english

Portfolio/homepage
NoEmotion

Last edited by DenkoM : 02 February 2004 at 12:02 AM.

Old 02 February 2004   #8
Thanks for the feedback.

DenkoM:

hmm. i didn't notice the delayed reflection, i did some retiming in Post (Everything is rendered seperately) and i may have staggered the reflection vs the uh60 pass. i will check, thanks for noticing.

Old 02 February 2004   #9

Portfolio/homepage
NoEmotion

Old 02 February 2004   #10
Gr8t work dude...the animation is looking very nice, but in the second shoot i hav the feeling that the chooper is very big comparing to the mountain, probably just my own feeling

Interior: Hotel Suite

Tyrrell P34 WIP

-------------------

Old 02 February 2004   #11
Guybrush:

Thats a good point. Originally I had it smaller, and actually scaled that whole layer in post cuz I thought it looked to small. Should probably have stuck with my original sense on that one.

Old 02 February 2004   #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush
Gr8t work dude...the animation is looking very nice, but in the second shoot i hav the feeling that the chooper is very big comparing to the mountain, probably just my own feeling

Nope, not your own feeling, i second that opinion!

I can't quite put my finger on it, perhaps you need a reference, like a tree or something.
If you look at the mountains, without comparing them to the chopper, they look like at least 2000+ meters. But if you compare the chopper to the mountains, the mountains don't seem higher than 200 meters.

Other than that, great animation! nice lighting fx, camera movement and sound!

ps: what exactly did you use AE for? just the cutting and pasting, or also the blur effect on the lens?

(w000t, my first post on cgtalk )

Old 02 February 2004   #13
the textures and waves, all that give a sense of that mountain being huge...probably to fix that t chooper has to became very small, but i think t shoot will still be interesting...perhaps iven more interesting, anyway u hav t first shoot to view t chooper on detail.

are u going to do more animations?!

Interior: Hotel Suite

Tyrrell P34 WIP

-------------------

Old 02 February 2004   #14
Thanks for the suggestions! Just what i need at this point.
I use AE for everything! Everything is rendered as seperate layers, the sky, the terrain, shadows, and the Blackhawk. And then tweaked to my hearts content. The sun/lensflare/ is done in AE.

Old 02 February 2004   #15
I will be doinjg several animations with this for work, some from the interior of the Blackhawk flying. EVERYTHING is on that model, down to nuts and bolts done by engineers. This is a stripped version for animation.

share thread