Speed Modeling Session : theme : Robot Freestyle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
DOH!

01 January 2004
well i guess this theme is finished and i missed it...
but last night i thought i'd have ago at knocking something out....wanted to finish...but last night at 3hrs in...didn't have any tweaks, materials, render! jeez...its so hard.
its the main head then in nurbs and then copied many times...and cut up at differing nurb levels...then used pieces to create...face mask, face guard, skull cap, wires(using ditools), eye socket i used from an earlier model...main eye tried to get fly eye style but hard to see...then used jenna to place eyes/scanner array...tweaked tonight...along with little detailing...pipes..etc.
the internals of the model are a pig ugly mess...but hey..you guys can't see that.

love the work you guys have posted...some stunning stuff...glad to see c4d represented by some v talented guys out there.

Henry Moore

01 January 2004
very good model, can u show more screens please ?

01 January 2004
well i never did any screen shots...but i have gone back and deconstructed the method for ya...hopefully it will give you some insight into the trickery of it all...re-using areas of the model...interation/arrays of detailing etc....as i said the inside is horrific...anyways hope you like.
things like jennas mesh array allows you to drop objects onto a polys surface speeding whole process, ditools trickery using displinegen with contourfinder helped me create spline wires v quickly...which makes it look more filled out. reselector plugin allowed me to select random areas of the skull cap then i extruded with variance a few times on a few different layers and combined them...again all speeding up process, but allowing model to have peachy detailing. Dunno if this would be considered cheating or not really i'll let you guys decide...i see it similar to some of you guys using zbrush to detail nodules or whatever bumps...well thats my take anyways.
220k pic.
http://www.flingster.com/cgtalk/desertdroidwips.jpg

Henry Moore

02 February 2004
Smile Hi i want to participate

hii send my robot,
thank and i wait sugesstion and commonent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cgtalkrobot2.jpg (13.0 KB, 163 views)

02 February 2004
jeez...

I'm amazed by the amount of complexity you guys achieve in only 3 hours, and I just wanted to show my admiration.
I really don't think I could get that far.

keep up the good work everyone... and long live speed modeling sessions!

02 February 2004
CUSTOM ROBO

Been a bit of a lazy skag these days so I thought I'd do some stuff for this speed challenge. C+C would be appreciated if you guys can do so.

02 February 2004
OWL - BIRD BOT

Here's a bird bot. Again C+C

02 February 2004
KING BOT

And here's. I did a shonky back view and modelled the rest to somehow make it work.

02 February 2004
bravo TheGreenGiant, very original models !!

03 March 2004
Yea very creative and original!

you can see me at www.3DBuZZ.com too.

03 March 2004
Yea very creative and original!

you can see me at www.3DBuZZ.com too.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread