Poison Ivy's revenge, Serge Birault (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2013
Poison Ivy's revenge, Serge Birault (2D)

Title: Poison Ivy's revenge
Name: Serge Birault
Software: Photoshop

An humble tribute to Shane Glines. I'm still trying to mix cartoon shapes and my usual rendering. This one was a good training for the rim lights Done with PS.

06 June 2013
Bit of a change of pace for you. I like it.
The huge hotspot at the bottom may be a bit much but I see what you were going for.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

06 June 2013
Wink

Interesting. She has a Jessica Rabbit kind of look. For some reason her expression doesn't seem to work for this scene. It feels like her expression is for something else rather than the scene she's in (kind of hard to explain; her eyes are staring off and her attention doesn't seem to be aimed at what just happened; like she's a show girl looking at an audience rather than gloating over taking down Batman). The flower monster looks kind of like Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors" (it can be a double tribute; wink). "Rex" looks like Batman may have given him indigestion. Cute tribute overall, though. Keep it up. Nice job.

06 June 2013
Nice painting.. Beautiful color and lighting!

06 June 2013
Thumbs up sexy,gorgeous and diabolical

She is gorgeous as always you out do your self your art is inspirational.

06 June 2013
OSOM!

07 July 2013
Could tell from the thumbnail right away this was yours, signature rendering and all
Plugged!

07 July 2013
Thank you for the plug, Raffaele !
Happy to see 2D front pages are back

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by PapaNinja: Thank you for the plug, Raffaele !
Happy to see 2D front pages are back

Well, the intention to plug 2D work has never gone away, just we had a long stretch where things spiraled into a vicious circle of more quality 3D work luring in more of that and pushing 2D aside (as in we got very low traffic).

Since we opened up quite a few things and tiered forums differently though we've had a pretty major influx of good pieces (yay), so now we can turn around the top row a piece or more a day, and we've had an unprecedented good balance of quality 2D and 3D submissions of all genres.

I was too busy to update for less than two weeks and I'm already resenting having so little space to showcase, including a previous piece of yours I had to pass on (you can't have the entire top row to yourself ).

The intention is to keep this spinning and bringing more good work in for when the new, long waited for, portfolio stuff will be ready. So far so good on that front. Clench your teeth and keep posting your sexy art until then!

Anyway, might or might not be the place for this kind of post, but just so you know 2D's always been more than welcome here, if there's been a dry patch it's not for lack of love for it.
Plus I'm bumping your thread, I guess...

07 July 2013
As always, very nice work.

07 July 2013
Love it! Spectacular mix of cartoon design and shaded rendering. Reminds me a bit of some cartoon opening titles, only better.

07 July 2013
I always love your stuff.

My only confusion is with the overall lighting/composition.
It reminds me of a dance club or audience at a show. So the flowers and butterflies almost feel surreal.
And I too think her expression is a bit 'disconnected' from what she's just achieved. Heck she could be a girl at a rock concert watching her favorite band member in admiration...until you notice the mask.

But well done as always.

07 July 2013
Thumbs up i love it very much!!

thanks share!! pretty!

06 June 2014
Nice composition, color and shapes! I especially like how you mix them in that particular way!

06 June 2015
Nice work ... Love Batman's villains

reply share thread