Undead Minotaur, Nicolas THOMAS (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Undead Minotaur, Nicolas THOMAS (2D)

Title: Undead Minotaur
Name: Nicolas THOMAS
Software: Photoshop

This piece was made for the game "Legend of the Cryptids".
Hope you'll enjoy it and feel free to comment.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I love it, nice attention to detail. The lighting, composition, colors everything works very well. Makes me want to play the game now

[plugged]

~t

Old 02 February 2013   #3
I like very much the color, details, lighting, and shading, but, in mu humble opinion, composition and pose could be better. In composition I don't like where his legs are cut, and also the background could have more "layers" (deepth). As for the pose, I would like to see some more aggressive pose, with body bended in front, and legs stretched.
Or something like this, perhaps: http://lyndondaniels.com/blog/wp-co...2/07/pose01.png

Anyway, great piece of work, and congratulations on plug.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
I completely agree with you, thank you for your useful comments.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
beautiful work man!

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Thanx Dermirot, I,m glad you enjoyed it.

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Wink

After some time of observing it looks pretty good, I getting your decision to crop the image.. looks like that guy so big, so even does not fit to shot. Size, he's getting closer..

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Thumbs up

Really cool. Wicked, actually. I love the decay and attention to details, especially with the bone structures (even in the dark lighting). I'd have liked to seen a little more bone and decay on the arms (or at least one arm, like with what you did to the legs; both arms are mostly whole here). I did notice that the shredding-looking left leg (upper leg) has the torn skin looking a bit like a skull or death face (was that intentional or a lucky mistake; because it looks rather cool and feels like a hidden symbol). I do like the fiery core in the chest, and I like how you did the rib cage. The right forearm gets a little thick though, and the right horn narrows a tad too much right before the it bends, but those are minor nit picks that most won't notice. Cool work overall, and your creature has a very strong prescence. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Thank you Veronica for your kind words.
Your comment is very interresting. Concerning the death face that you saw on the character's left leg it is what we can call a "graphical accident"
But it's funny you mention that because in almost all my illustrations I try to develop several reading directions. And this can be done through the use of symbols or hidden messages.
In any case thank you again for your comments.

Old 02 February 2013   #10
Glad you liked my comments. It's cool that that death symbol turned out to be a happy accident. Adds a little something extra. Good luck with your next project.

Old 02 February 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread