New Doom 3 screens!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2003   #1
New Doom 3 screens!

[Edit: Images now mirrored in this thread! Scroll down to the third post! (Big images though)]

Check it out, new doom3 screenies from a German magazine!

http://ina-community.com/forums/sho...threadid=334815

Last edited by ceql : 12 December 2003 at 12:49 PM.

Old 12 December 2003   #2
Mmmmmm RT pixel-goodness.

I love the downward weving strand that the spider is doing, that will be Hell-Scary at 3am

Confused why he posted it in the Unreal 2 section, I noticed that after the replies were so negative.. looks good to me Unreal2'ers.

Old 12 December 2003   #3
Yea, some comments in that Unreal2 forum thread is pretty negative... I think some ppl just like to bang doom3 just for the sake of it though, so I wouldn't worry about it

hrmmm, I dunno how long those images will stay there, so here's the images mirrored!

Old 12 December 2003   #4

Old 12 December 2003   #5

Old 12 December 2003   #6
looks decent, too freaking disguisting though. I'll never be a big fan of doom

Old 12 December 2003   #7
yah this stuff is gonna make AVP's atmosphere seem like happy hour at the kids carnival!

Old 12 December 2003   #8
sweet but the silouhette looks a bit rough because of the low polycount. The normalmapping though makes it look great again, I guess you need some compromise to make that technologie work on alot of computers

Old 12 December 2003   #9
I'm curious? But how many games actually utilize normal maps to this extent, cuz given the results I'm amazed that more games do not look so good.

[[/url][/B]

Old 12 December 2003   #10
well its a fairly new thing normal maps and i believe u need certain cards so its not widely used atm

yah the silouhette's a tad rough but when uve got the eye candy in the middle what u looking at the edge for?!! lol

Old 12 December 2003   #11
Quote: Originally posted by commy
yah this stuff is gonna make AVP's atmosphere seem like happy hour at the kids carnival!

I couldn't actually play the human missions of AvP2, the Aliens just scared the shit out of me too much. I dunno if DOOM will have the same effect on me, because it's just something about the idea of the Aliens from Alien that get to me, but it will hopefully be scary as hell!

Old 12 December 2003   #12
Freakalicious! Dammit - I don't even remember when I played a game at all (might have been Homeworld a few times back when it was released, so you get the idea).... Thing is however that I was pretty hooked on the original Doom once upon a time - these screengrabs make me want to play again! It's a good thing I don't have the required hardware, otherwise it would make my productivity snap down to 0% in no time.

Holy cow, this looks saaweeeeet....

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 12 December 2003   #13
I'm not a big fan of all the gore either, but the technology behind this is quite impressive. Normal mapping... woah.

Old 12 December 2003   #14
Do these models utilize spec and bump maps? Either way, the texturing looks incredible.

Old 12 December 2003   #15
yah doom3 has spec and bump have u seen that vid from 2 years back with the demon walking down the corridor with a rotating light sourse? was fab-a-roony to say the least

Thread Closed share thread