Character - old scientist

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
Character - old scientist

Might as well keep the models coming. Here is a model that I am working on for my buddy ZeroNeuro, which he will be using in his short animation. Hope you like it.
Also if anyone have some cool modeling projects they need some help for, then give me a message with it, and tell me about it, cant have enough stuff in your reel these days

Starting on the body soon, might not get on it before after the weekend, but I will try. hope you like it
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

11 November 2003
I think it looks awesome. Im new to Maya, (allthough i dont know if thats what you used)... and i'm trying to figure out which is the best method to model faces. I am really interested in what you guys do. I feel really inspired by people like you who come up with such great face models. How do you go abouts your faces? Nurbs? Polygons? Cube-Up? I'm sure all the newbies would love to know.

11 November 2003
Thanks Tawa. I use XSI for modeling, so thats what I used for this one. I tried out my luck with using an icosahedron solid for this model and I must say it worked out quite well.. If it had not been for an unfortunate crash, I would have had a timelapse of how it was modeled.
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

11 November 2003
coming along nicely soeren!..cant wait for further development.

11 November 2003
whoops!

11 November 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Tawa
I think it looks awesome. Im new to Maya, (allthough i dont know if thats what you used)... and i'm trying to figure out which is the best method to model faces. I am really interested in what you guys do. I feel really inspired by people like you who come up with such great face models. How do you go abouts your faces? Nurbs? Polygons? Cube-Up? I'm sure all the newbies would love to know.

Hey Tawa, Im a cg-nub too, and I bought the book called "3d human modeling and animating" and there the author says, the best thing is to know all the modeling methods. Many guys use only subdivision or spline modeling, but u should know both methods. Its much easier with switching between the one and the other way. Hope I helped you out, and I hope u understand this bad english

TheHellmaster

11 November 2003
looking pretty good so far, but he needs a little more wrinklyness, maybe around the eyes etc. at teh moment he looks like young skin on an old frame if you get my meaning. anyhow keep it up, looking forward to seeing the rest of this guy

11 November 2003
Thanks for the crit Sadie, Ill definately put some more wrinkles in there, need some more definition in him anyways, since he looks flat and smooth when I uhm "smooth" him. so wrinkles it will be
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

12 December 2003
Back to work on the old scientist, had a little fun with shading and lighting, also tweaked the head a bit, still not finished, but its getting nearer. Body coming up next.
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

12 December 2003
Don't take this the wrong way, but he looks like Gerald from the Pixar short Gerald's Game (I think it was the lead-in to Toy Story). At least, that's what I immediately thought when I first saw him.

Looks good though...the updated shot is moving away from the resemblance.

12 December 2003
MaxxQ Thats perfectly ok, it wont be as close in the end, but Im making this for a friend who wanted something a little similar uh, and its Geri's Game
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

12 December 2003
Yeah...you're right. Getting my Pixar mixed up with my Stephen King...D'oh!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread