Lord of the Rings: War in the North :: Game Focus

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2012   #1
Lord of the Rings: War in the North :: Game Focus

Hey there,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Snowblind and Phil Straub exclusively shows CGSociety through the Visual Beats of the new Lord of the Rings: War of the North game.

Click it!

Old 01 January 2012   #2
Wink I enjoyed playing the game!

As a visual effects artist I have to say that I did enjoy almost all of the visual elements. There were certain effects that could have been replaced with different shapes and other things that could have had a bigger impact to enhance the player's experience however overall it was a really good game.

Keep up the good work.

Old 01 January 2012   #3
One of my all-time favourite games is "Return of the King" and I was hoping that this game could give me a similar experience. But I was not really crazy of the overall visual quality in-game. The article shows nice assets, but the differnce to what they look like in the game is immense, I guess for me it was mostly texture reolution and the lighting which felt flat/low contrast.

Old 01 January 2012   #4
Don't get me wrong, to a certain point I like it when gaps in stories are filled, and limited expansion is fine with me, too, but sometimes studios take the freedom too far and wander off the "path".When I see that nazghul floating with lightning from its hands, well, I don't know. Next thing You see is Gollum added to the roster in Super Smash Brothers on WiiU.

Old 01 January 2012   #5
Originally Posted by Emmanuel: When I see that nazghul floating with lightning from its hands, well, I don't know.

QFA, I was wondering about this as well.

Old 01 January 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread