Post your WIPs !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
Cool Post your WIPs !

Well, i hope there is no other thread arround with this topic. saw somethign similar in the cinema sub forum but in the maya forum ??? *shrug*

Here´s my WIP: a cd cover for a techno life set...

can´t post image so visit the deviation here, please

listen to: dj life set

models: poser
guns: cinema (mostly foreign models)
rendering and compositing: maya
color correction&postpro: photoshop

This is my first work in MAYA i´m really proud of, because from the posing to the compositing all was done by myself(exept of the guns). It took like ages to me to find out about the right material and even more about it´s right settings to look good rendered. this is what came finally up with...

not very much postpro done this time. i wanted to set the focus on the models representing the 3 acts performing. two of ´em kick bassdrums like gunfire. one flames the mic like rapid fire.
definitly some great stuff to listen to if you are into abstract elecronic music with a touch of darkness...

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 09 September 2003 at 04:36 AM.

09 September 2003
Wow,you did the poseing youself?
That must take lots of time....
I'm still trying to model a head....trying I say.....

This is what Ive been doing today....
Looks rough because this is smoothed and I work in lowpoly so the seams and unwelded verts will be taken care of when I get ready to actually combine the instances into one model but I must say Mayas instancing is a heck of a lot better than Lightwaves...symetry mode.
That other side obeys the first like a true slave.lol

Lots of work yet and all with no referances.....as you might can tell....
Better form and poly flow but no rush...I have time and it has time to wait for me....
But I wish to learn/do with out the proverbial crutch or in this case...body cast.....

09 September 2003
wow ! nice head in deed ! let me know it´s process ! It´s allways interesting as ehll to see WIPs because you can get a clue how other artists do work in their workflow and how thing are going on...

posing with poser is a child´s play, trust me !

the toughest thing was the compositing really...scalinng thing right and stuff...

09 September 2003

i'll try to find earlier shots of the model and post too.

09 September 2003
wgreenlee1 or someone else, a question: How can you combine the instanced half and the original to get 1 object. Also removing the seam.
Does your technique also apply to Subdivisions in polygon mode?

TomD

09 September 2003
>Combine the two instances
>Snap your vertices to the grid axis and weld....make sure Move tool is set not to move together.
>Smooth

09 September 2003
wip

hi, always nice to see what people are working on ......
This is what i'm working on now a skull.

and the wireframe

Last edited by vicuncor : 09 September 2003 at 07:46 PM.

09 September 2003
WOW ! that is going to be a nice skull !!!

here´s my wallpaper i did with the cover scene...

09 September 2003
Errmmm, why aren't we using the WIP forum for this? Just tell me if I'm being a jackass......

Anyway, I do have WIP but I'm to embarrased to show it here....no one ever comments on my finished work (so that must be horrible) so I can't imagine what they would say about my WIPs.....

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Virum
Errmmm, why aren't we using the WIP forum for this? Just tell me if I'm being a jackass......

Anyway, I do have WIP but I'm to embarrased to show it here....no one ever comments on my finished work (so that must be horrible) so I can't imagine what they would say about my WIPs.....

You´re totally right, but as you can see this is far from being finished...so it is a WIP in a way

09 September 2003
Oh yeah that skull rocks!!!
Damn thats cool!!!

09 September 2003
Sci-Fi M113 APC

http://www.panzerbaer.de/colours/dutex_0.htm

A Sci-Fi M113 APC...

Basic was a Jagd Panther II. A german hunt tank from WW II. But i just took the wheels/chains and some basic stuff you see on the top. I modeled the shape, the side protection and the entire rest. This is going to be my first bigger project in MAYA...

This is the first rendering of my M113 APC...i Pan to make it like the APC from ALIENS...

Lot´s of work ahead but i really do enjoy MAYA Nrub modelling...My Tactic is to Model every item as stand alone and the entire TANK will be a compositing of all this items like guns, barrels, canisters, camouflage nets, some nuts and bolts,...etc.

M113 Sci-Fi APC

Hope you stil like it

peace out ! psycho

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Virum

post your WIP, we don´t bite ! lemme comment on your finals, where are the links ?

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by PsychoSilence
post your WIP, we don´t bite ! lemme comment on your finals, where are the links ?

Umm, ok. I'll upload my wips to my site today. Here is the only finished model I put up on CG Talk finished gallery, nothing else I have done is worthy. :

<Few minutes later> Ahh, here it is:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=chess

I re-did my original because of a comment that one person posted. Don't be to hard one me.

09 September 2003
Hy Virum ! Just commented on your work

here´s another WIP of mine...

LISA - The Cyborg

Thread Closed share thread