B-Movie Entry: Krishnamurti M. Costa

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2010   #391
Your anatomy knowledge and modeling skills are amazing. I´m very curious how the final piece will look and btw. the gold pants are really awesome!

Old 03 March 2010   #392
Freelah, AlexaSharlOt, handlebar, G0MEZ, dimke, Paperboy, AndreiSzasz,
thanks a lot!

Intervain,
those were inspired by my own gold panties... oooops. I should not say that in public!
The actor's names are inspired by true events!

Fahran,
all normal maps generated from ZBrush. I normally export a midres model, not the lowres. Something like 50k to 120k so I get the silhouette closer to the hires model and then I slap a normal map on it. That's it!

jonone,
thanks! Working on it

TyroneMaddams,
hahaha! Yeah, ape love is all that this world needs! Oh, and gold panties too!

mi2010ya,
hmmm... now you're into something here. In fact, this is pretty hardcore work to do after hours if you have a full time job. So, yeah, VERY FEW hours of sleep sometimes... talking about 2-4 hours some nights. I guess it's all for the love of doing this stuff but it's not healthy at all after a couple of days. So glad it's going to end soon so I can sleep for 72h straight

Gio Nakpil,
thanks man! Yeah, around 10mi polys but that includes the replicated mushrooms. The actual geometry in the scene is way lighter than that but the geometry for the replicators is generated at render time. Also, if you're running the 64bit version on WinXP64 then the amount of data it handles as fairly better as it seems.

webhead,
you know, I'm still thinking about that tittle and I want to make sure the poster will showcase all the modeling/lighting/painting done for the challenge. If I make the tittle too big then it's going to take away a huge chunk of what those challenges are for: show what you can do, given a theme and a deadline!
Working on it. Thanks!

AdrianLazar,
me too! I hope Modo can handle the hires render o_O

Remi and thejeff,
oh yeah, everything looks sweeter in 6D! Forget about Avatar. 6D is the new wave!!!

ChristopheFauconneau
Thanks. Sure, I still have to rework the areas of contrast, making sure the focus will be on the main characters. The color palette is been constantly reworked and the new version of the poster (not posted yet) look different already.

BrettSinclair,
it's organized chaos man!
About the hair, I'm still concerned about it since I just started playing and doing tests and realized it gets reaaaaally heavy sometimes. If everything goes down the drain, plan B I tell myself is: paint it by hand you lazy sonafabiscuits!

Xion-Cajou,
thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only gold panties lover around!

-Kris

Last edited by Antropus : 03 March 2010 at 07:53 PM.

Old 03 March 2010   #393
Ha tanto tempo afastado dos fóruns... Mas não poderia deixar de comentar a obra do mestre...
Não tem como não comentar! hahaha É mais forte do que eu!
Seus trabalhos são simplesmente geniais!
A parte técnica é perfeita!
Mas... Cara! Você tem os dois lados do cérebro aguçados, porque o que mais me chama atenção é como alguém que tem a qualidade técnica que você tem conseguir ter a percepção artística tão grande! Você mescla com grande maestria as duas coisas, fazendo obras originais impressionantes!!! Isso realmente me inspira!
Você é a minha maior fonte de inspiração viva!
Que você tenha uma vida longa e possa continuar inspirando e influenciando artistas por todo o mundo...

Obrigado por tudo!

Diego Poncell
www.poncellworks.webnode.com

Old 03 March 2010   #394
Haha. I like it. Yea if modo doesn't play nice for the hair just paint it. I have a question though. Is the pin up doing a blue steal? If so, its awesome.

Old 03 March 2010   #395
Nice new additions in this update Kris, replicator feature sounding pretty cool I know this is all work in progress I think the mushrooms if you could make some of them bigger maybe the ones that are a little closer to the camera to add some variations that would be cooler especially since they are so detailed loving the feel of this piece so far do you another detail pass to go on the alien guy? he's my favourite character in this piece some of the wips of him are sweet how do you plan on finishing him like is there going to be heavily detailed wrinkle pass or more textural etc? Loving it dood! keep going I would have run out of steam weeks back lol.

Peace.

Old 03 March 2010   #396
Work In Progress: poster wip

Still studying the composition, changing colors, adding elements etc. The monster shader is not final at all. He is not going to be that shiny. Everything is mostly placeholders, just to see how everything plays together. More too come, possibly over the weekend, since I got involved with other stuff to do :-(

Old 03 March 2010   #397
very nice progress once again. how bout the monkeys and fur ? i cant wait to see the penetration between the monkeys hand and the girls costume to be fixed its pretty distracting, but i understand that its still a wip

Old 03 March 2010   #398
Really cool the brain on the taxman! And the new shader to.

-Sam

Old 03 March 2010   #399
Poncell,
muito obrigado bro! Great reading such sweet compliment.
I was away from the forums for a long time too but glad we are back
Thanks a lot!

BrettSinclair,
hahahaha no! But man, now that you mentioned, they kinda look like they were separated at birth!

Pteropus,
thanks! The alien has to somehow look cheesy so I'm not going for extreme detail but I want to make it look at least as a latex mask. The way it is right now is very shiny but I'll add some maps to help reducing the specularity. Agree about the mushrooms. Hero ones will be placed by hand.

kybel,
did you just mention penetration, monkey and girl in the same sentence??? o_O ... jk
No worries, that was fixed and will be posted in one of the next updates. Hair and fur are being studied right now. I think I can get it looking alright. Thanks!

Vimmy,
new shader is temp! But thanks man. Where are your updates btw? This is a w.i.p. challenge so give us some goodies!

-Kris

Old 03 March 2010   #400
I been busy last week . a bit of traveling. I'll try to update stuff during the next week.

Old 03 March 2010   #401
Hi Kris,
Very cool render and scheme color. I would maybe soften asteroid edges that look angular to me.
Great update
Keep it up !

Old 03 March 2010   #402
Awesome entry Kris!

Old 03 March 2010   #403
Work In Progress: bonobo fur wip

spent my day learning hair, render passes and network rendering with Modo. I wish I had more time to style the fur the way it should be but I'm almost calling it finished otherwise I'll not be able to meet the deadline :(

Old 03 March 2010   #404
Looks fantastic!

Old 03 March 2010   #405
wonderful work Kris!!

Thread Closed share thread