Eon (Illustration) Entry: Holly Fix

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Concept Art: CompositionConcepts

This is a few concept... change? pieces..alot of them are crops into the larger piece after being placed into different layer modes...but really these... I just needed to see and get out of my system so i could move forward with my ideas...
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Line Art / Model: compositionchanges

i decided that the figure i had in the forground wasnt working for me..so i scribbled some new composition ideas..such as the forground being an interior with large glass windows...and i was playing with dogtags hanging into the compostion as a closer forground object...but my mind is ever changing so we will see.
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Line Art / Model: webcolortest-newidea

im testing a color change..because my images are posting darker than they appear on my laptop...and i also had another idea that i scribbled very badly...but it is of some russain soldiers that are crashing through the ceiling and tangled in there parachutes.
this is the direction im intending to go as of now...somewhere in this ballpark...and i may go with a weather change (a rainy landscape)..but thats not set in stone yet.
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: NewIdeaComposition

working out my new composition...
i dont know about the dog tags..i dont know if they add anything to the peice so i may leave them out ;)
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: webcolortest-one72

colortesting..
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: colortesttwo

test
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
i preferred the earlier more open compositions but without spidey, since he was taking too much attention for a foreground object and didnt help a feel of dpht at all. i think the most important part of your invasion piece is to settle on the mainfocal point and then bring the values where they are supposed to be.
i made you a quick overpaint to on your spidermancomposition, knocked down secondary elements in contrast and let the invaders try to take the bridge. so far, hope that maybe gives you a few helpful points to get you started on your final flight towards the deadline launch your rockets, let it rock

cheers

01 January 2007
wow..angel!! thanks for the awsome reply!! i will keep it in mind as i move to my final!!

01 January 2007
Wow, good to know somebody's keeping track of what's going on! Best of luck to all the competitors over here on the illustration side.

01 January 2007
hey! good luck! some of those composition thumbnails looked really cool! hope to see them finished..

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: test2

test
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: finalcomposite

This will be the final composite...
HFix_Website

01 January 2007
Actually I find it very busy as composition but this all will proberly get clearer as you work it out.I think you should knock down some more the contrast in the background to bring in more depth, just like Sacha said.
Good luck mate, hope you'll make it to the finishline!!!

01 January 2007
Thumbs up

Well I have to agree,it does lokk a bit cluttered but that doesn`t make it less stunning.Great work here.Allthe best.

Cheers!

01 January 2007
Final Image: "The Russian Invasion"

"Slowly his fear turned into exhilaration. The longest jump he had ever made on Earth had lasted for six minutes, better than lovemaking, better than the day he received his wings. But here he had been flying steadily, accelerating with each new burst, for ten minutes, fifteen. If he died upon landing, it would be worth it. To have seen a place where the land was the sky, where he could dive any direction and come to ground. Worth it all." Greg Bear, Eon (pg.198)
This was my favorite passage from the book and this was the section I wanted to loosely portray in my piece. The image was rendered in Photoshop. Thanks to everyone that left feedback! I am a student and new to these forums…this is my first digital art piece and I hope to improve as I continue to enter these wonderful challenges! Good luck everyone!
HFix_Website

Thread Closed share thread