Challenge Announcement

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

11 November 2017
Hello!

1. Can a character participate in two categories at once: Character Art and Render and Lighting?
2. If I add a global, detailed environment to the character, will it also refer to the theme of the Matte Painting?

12 December 2017
Hello, 
15.12 but what time and timezone? 

12 December 2017
Yes, that would be helpful. What is the last possible moment that we can submit our finals? For example is it 11:59 EST on Friday December the 15th?

Cheers,
RM

12 December 2017
Same question here, I'm about to finish my Matte, but maybe it's already to late ? I supposed I had the 15 dec included :s

12 December 2017
Hey everyone we were able to get an extension past the holidays for everyone to January 12. Keep working and looking forward to your results. 

12 December 2017
You can have multiple entries in multiple categories: yes 

12 December 2017
Ah Jeez Travis, that is both good and bad news as I am more busy than ever with the holiday season but I may actually be able to fix whatever is causing my light setup to crash and get some more realistic results. On the other hand I might be able to hammer out something with Pro-Render. 

12 December 2017
That's kinda wierd. Who requested a deadline extension? As far as I can see those who were actually posting WIP images completed their projects in time. 

12 December 2017
Oh well, the extra time gives me an opportunity to improve many details and even to create another pose, better renders or even a set. As "Shadowhisperer" says it is both good news and bad news as I and working on other projects too

12 December 2017
I was about to start converting my scene from Redshift to Radeon ProRender since we have the time extension.  Unfortunately, ProRender does not support a UDIM workflow which is what I used for my entry.  Btw, this is using the latest version of ProRender for Maya (v2.2.5.0).

01 January 2018
Hey guys, 

Any news on the winner yet? 

01 January 2018
 Yeah, it has already been a couple of weeks.

02 February 2018
I too would like to know when will the results and judging be finalized

Last edited by Jinian : 02 February 2018 at 05:26 AM.

02 February 2018
Today my friends you shall know good luck! 

02 February 2018
That was two days ago 😂

reply share thread