|09 September 2017|
World Creator 2 Released
Hey all! I thought that you might find this interesting..
BiteTheBytes has released a new version of World Creator which has become a fully GPU powered, procedural terrain and landscape generator, with lots of design capabilities allowing you to create custom terrain shapes in an intuitive and easy way - and all that in real-time!Here is a list of some features that are really interesting:
- Create terrains in any size up to 16k by 16k while in real-time mode. Any size means, that your terrain does not have to be power-of-two but can be of any width and length.
- Create infinite terrain sizes while in streaming mode, still fully GPU powered, hence, a lot faster than traditional terrain generators.
- Easy to use design tools to create custom terrain shapes. You can use brushes to sculpt your terrain, use so called base shape tools to quickly raise mountains, use paths and shapes that act like vector tools to create pathes, rivers, hills, mountains, lakes and seas and a lot more
- Create biomes through areas which are actually a multifunctional tool to also create blendmaps, heightmap stamping, import existing heightmaps, paint textures/objects/grass, create flow-maps and so much more
- Populate your terrain with trees and grass. World Creator ships with tons of trees from SpeedTree and more
- Real-Time erosion and sedimentation
- Rivers and Lakes filter - you place a spring and World Creator calculates a river and a possible lake that might be created by the river
- Fantastic real-time 3D renderer - PBR, GI, bloom, atmosphere scattering, and and and
- Powerful texturing capabilities to colorize your terrain
- Tons of terrain filters such as transform filters (canyon, terrace, desert ...), effect filters (swirl, distort, pixelate ...), pattern filters (perlin noise, voronoi ...), erosion filters (fluvial, wind ...) and a lot more
World Creator also ships with tools for Unity and Unreal enabling you to quickly transfer the terrain into both game engines. The whole workflow is simple and easy and you never get lost inside the UI. Export cappabilities are incredible - World Creator supports all known formats. You even can import your own textures, brushes and in a later update even your own 3D objects.
There is a lot more around World Creator so make sure to check it here: www.world-creator.com
Also make sure to check their forums. There is a nice thread of a user that started to create tutorials:
|reply share thread|