Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Brad Staley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2008
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Brad Staley

Brad Staley is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept / pre-visualization: Guard to the high Priestess

Brads Uplift Thread

11 November 2008
Thumbs up Concept / pre-visualization: Placeholder

Hello Friends,
It's good to be back. I took down my post of the train because there wasn't much to critique.Sorry, I just felt like it was a generic post.
Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

Last edited by sasquatch70 : 11 November 2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Not conducive to the contest.

11 November 2008
Hey Brad,

Glad that you joined

Really cool steam locomotive , like a lot, great start
Good luck!! and waiting for more ideas on your concept. Cheers!!

11 November 2008
Wow....

Wow Mr. Staley....Your artwork has come along quite well since the year 1993...
Of course it was all hand painted back then (foxes and bears, etc). You are quite amazing. Always were.

11 November 2008
Thanx Ferx! Glad to be back. I need some time to doe some lucid dreaming, so I'll keep posting my ideas as they progress.

Brads Uplift Thread

Last edited by sasquatch70 : 11 November 2008 at 10:11 PM.

11 November 2008
Brad! It's good to see you here!

When I heard about the Challenge (yesterday), I looked for your entry first. Was a little disappointed when I didn't find one. Guess I checked a little too early.

Good luck,
Keith

11 November 2008
Hey Keith,

Welcome back man, this is going to be a riot.

Brads Uplift Thread

11 November 2008
Not trying to be too critical here..

But isnt Steampunk supposed to be unconventional applications of steam?

A steam powered locomotive is not a stretch of the imagination I'd think. Unless I misunderstood the direction your taking here.

11 November 2008
No direction right now just a placeholder. Sorry there's not much to critique. Everything unconventional will have to come later. I'm thinking of either a Steam powered North Pole, elves, Santa etc.. or an Atlantis theme, and yes with steam under water. Probably something submersive. What do you think?

Brad

Originally Posted by TwinSnakes: Not trying to be too critical here..

But isnt Steampunk supposed to be unconventional applications of steam?

A steam powered locomotive is not a stretch of the imagination I'd think. Unless I misunderstood the direction your taking here.

Brads Uplift Thread

Last edited by sasquatch70 : 11 November 2008 at 07:01 PM.

11 November 2008
So Mr. Staley...I need two posts validated before they will let me PM. I personally love the steam engine theme (especially this time of year), but why is the train so short? (this is how my brain works...maybe there is a reason I don't know about). I love the way you are able to capture light in the body of the train, you can actually get a little lost in it if you start to look for awhile. Again, great work...definitely not unconventional use of steam but beautiful.

11 November 2008
I'd say go for the Atlantis one, but that's only because I was thinking about the Santa idea too, lol

11 November 2008
Ah Ha! Maybe we can split the prizes.LOL

It's a tough choice, Santa can be very light playful, and colorfull, on the other hand: Atlantis
is totally open for interpretation.
Keep stopping by,
Brad
Originally Posted by chaymation: I'd say go for the Atlantis one, but that's only because I was thinking about the Santa idea too, lol

Brads Uplift Thread

11 November 2008
Wow, sasquatch70, your speed is amazing! It'll be interesting to see this completed.

11 November 2008
Thanks John,

I think I'm actually going to go with the atlantis theme instead of christmas. Keep stopping bye.
Brad
Originally Posted by JTD: Wow, sasquatch70, your speed is amazing! It'll be interesting to see this completed.

Brads Uplift Thread

11 November 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Water Beetle

O.k. I think I'm getting close to nailing down an idea. This is a Water Beetle, and yes I'm going with an Atlantis theme. He will be inside, probably with a chain attached to him held by the queens gaurd.I'm going to try and post a concept sketch this week. Thanks,
Brad

Brads Uplift Thread

Thread Closed share thread