Quick Sketch - Witch in the rain, Hongji Zhuo (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2008
Quick Sketch - Witch in the rain, Hongji Zhuo (2D)

Title: Quick Sketch - Witch in the rain
Name: Hongji Zhuo
Software: Photoshop

The witch flies happily though the night, but came a heavy downpour; luckily the composed girl casted a light spell over her head to avoid being drenched.

This is another quick sketch that i did. It comes right after i watch finish Hayao Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli anime film - Kiki's Delivery Service. It was very entertaining and heart-warming to watch. i can't believe its so nice even though its made in 1989. Hayao Miyazaki is really amazing..

Anyways, this piece was done in nearly 6 hours even though i meant it to be quick.. well i tried my best... and the chinese characters was inspired by some of friend's art but my caligraphy is not outstanding.

Technical information:
Done in Adobe Photoshop CS 3, a little strokes in Corel Painter Essentials 4, wacom tablet, 2104 X 3064 resolution. Reference used for the cat :) comments, critques and any suggestions to help this artwork would be much appreciated.

08 August 2008
it's beautiful, poor cat

ps. I love Studio Ghibli movies too.

cheers,
Matthias

08 August 2008
I love that movie as well so much! The witch topic its also one of my favorites! great work! and congrats on doing art in such a imaginative theme as magic in any way and any world! the cat its so cute 2! Kinda looks like mine, minus the big cute eyes! mine it's black too although more close 2 the evil side haha!

08 August 2008
very nice work.

08 August 2008
Thumbs up

great work!i like it very much. congratulations.

08 August 2008
Wink

wow...first I saw the girl,she just like in the water,at last I saw the cat ,what a lovely cat!Ur style is really pure and clear,by the way,I saw the Chinese characters,can you speak Chinese?

08 August 2008
bobtronic & AxelAlonso - hey there , thx for the comments, seems like the cat added some fun, and yea Studio Ghibli movies are ggreat!~

simoncheng & Dongminxiao - thank you for the kind comments glad your liked it!

Alwang - hey friend, of cos i can speak chinese, I'm totally chinese ( look my name) ... haha but wat i meant by my handwriting is real bad, most of my friends can't believe i draw when they see my handwriting. yea thx for always commenting my work man

Last edited by eonridr : 08 August 2008 at 08:46 AM.

08 August 2008
Great work! very cool effects you have working there! LOVE that cat!
keep up the good work man!

Yup and Im totally with you on Miyazaki's work!

Last edited by WarrenLouw : 08 August 2008 at 10:38 AM.

08 August 2008
Oh my gosh! The cat!! Hahah Lovely composition too. There's much movement in it. I just would suggest you to find a better solution for the lower part of her legs.

08 August 2008
thx Warren and Anne for the comments! I'm honored.

08 August 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread