Pure Clare, Hongji Zhuo (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2008   #1
Pure Clare, Hongji Zhuo (2D)

Title: Pure Clare
Name: Hongji Zhuo
Software: Photoshop

This is my painting of fan art for the anime/manga named Claymore by Norihiro Yagi. I portrayed Clare, the main protagonist of Claymore in a place where she is free from yoma (demons), free of bloodshed, and free from the sad life she had. Even her silver eyes have grown livelier, as this is the only place Clare is at peace with herself. She is a person who has always been too serious because there are too many things in life that she cannot let go of, but now we know that at least here, in her dreams, she will be happy. The water droplets and splashes are used to show the ďpureĒ, and this is actually in contrast to the otherwise blood splashes; which are usually associated with claymore in the manga.

Techinal details:
Done in Adobe Photoshop CS 3, wacom tablet, W5514 X H2960 resolution. Reference from the anime and manga was used.

While people have advised not to do a fan art, it has always been my wish to do a proper fan art for a long time. I enjoy doing what I like and hoped my works will show more of what style I like, what anime I watch etc. I strongly believe these are all important because it makes up who I am. A simpler reason is I simply loved Claymore. Thatís all :)

Frankly I had encountered countless of problems while creating this. I got carried away attempting to create a realistic combined with anime look, which was quite problematic for me. Luckily I get comments from my brother and friends and I learned too. Iím not sure if I get it right ornot, but Iíve done the best I could. Hope youíll like it too. Comments and Critques are welcomed & do let me know of suggestions to improve my work

Old 08 August 2008   #2
You captured her pretty well! and the look you've acomplished has to me it seem somewhat of cg animation movie feeling. Very neat! Nice solution for the hair aswell, keeps in the manga feel I must say. Cheers!

Old 08 August 2008   #3
Thumbs up Great!

Great!5 start!

Old 08 August 2008   #4
Alwang and Syran- thanks for the kind comments man. It will keep me working hehe

Last edited by eonridr : 08 August 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #5
I really like your pic ! looks like she's in a snowstorm eyes are very atracting and her movement adds to the dynamic feeling of the whole composition,very manga like !! and one of the better *g*.I usually don't like manga but this is nice.

I'll look over my last piece,again...wanted to do more light things but thought it couldn't await cg-coments...so i was not patiened enough...*hmpf*

rock on !

Herne

Old 08 August 2008   #6
Talking

Every comment from you can make me know how to do better next time,U just like my teacher,from your words I can see that your character just like your works: pure,nice...

Old 08 August 2008   #7
Hi Herne - thanks for the comment, glad u liked this style

Alwang - Hi there friend, i feel so flattered by ur words, thanks so much, ur works are amazing.

anyways i forgot to post some closeups.. haha.. so many things going through my head these days.. wells i'll just post them now

Old 08 August 2008   #8
wow! those close ups are sweet ! I like the hair and shape of her head! I think you did a great realistic "Claymore" art! and you do achieved a more 3d feel to her as well! It's difficult though since the character design of that show, its some how unrealistic on the body types, and yet you manege great! I would say keep moving forward haha! and then take a look back! to learn the previous steps!

Old 11 November 2008   #9
Thumbs up

Wow, this is just so fantastic work. The eyes and the hair are in my eyes just perfect.

Old 06 June 2009   #10
Gorgeous work! Gina`

Old 06 June 2009   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread