DWIII - 2D - Saint-Max - [TBA]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII - 2D - Saint-Max

reserving my place too

Last edited by saint-max : 03 March 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
Hey There

Best wishes

Old 03 March 2008   #3
I hope its not that late ... I totally forgot about the day this competition is going to start ... was waiting for and email or something ... lol
any way I read the rules and liked the story ... and i will start drawing from today actually right now ..

thats all for now and i will be posting some sketches soon

Old 03 March 2008   #4
hello

Too late? hope not
I did some sketches trying to find some cool pose and putting down my ideas for this character ... well I picked vegetation as a power that my character well carry. The Elf with the Human help summoned this creature, a female Elf that carries seeds of "the dark spiny plant" have no idea what is that till now. this idea of the dark magic that comes form the deep dark forest practiced by the high Elfís priests. Itís just the basic idea although i have no idea how vegetation power well beat the metal aliens but I will go with that for now.
So here are some sketches ... very basic shapes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketches-1.jpg (75.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg sketches-2.jpg (82.1 KB, 35 views)

Old 03 March 2008   #5
More sketches for the same idea ... trying to create a unique shape for this character. Yes I do change my mind a lot ... but I will keep working on this for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shape-study.jpg (51.0 KB, 90 views)

Old 03 March 2008   #6
body and head study ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body-with-head.jpg (88.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg sketches-body2s.jpg (48.4 KB, 36 views)

Old 03 March 2008   #7
The middle head looks cool. Familliar some how.

Old 03 March 2008   #8
Thumbs up

Nice sketches you got there personally my favourite is the girl, scary lady

Old 03 March 2008   #9
bigbad Gyorkland thanx alot

so here are some more drawings trying to find some cool armor for the character ... testing testing ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg armor-1.jpg (57.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg armor-2.jpg (52.7 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg armor-3.jpg (51.5 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by saint-max : 03 March 2008 at 10:22 PM.

Old 03 March 2008   #10
Talking

loving your sketchs saint-max. i liked all the options but what i like the most is option number 1

GOODLUCK.. i will come back to check for changes its time for you to kick some *word* hehe

Old 03 March 2008   #11
thankx fickiliana yes me too liked number 1 ... love the big boots
Well I did some head studies trying to get the face right ... I was trying to change the horns to something ells. Well I showed the sketch to some of my friends and all said that horns have been used a lot, and thatís true I saw a lot in this contest... so tried something ells I gave her the crown of thorns. loved the idea of having the crown with the shape of horns and the whole idea of pain and ... any way I donít know, but looks like she can deal some great damage to the enemy with that look...
still working on the coloring red is still an option

here is the sketch ...

Old 03 March 2008   #12
Cool

FABULOUS
i like how you managed to change the idea of having thorns because it is so used by others.
and i guess it really works. i also like the final sketch,she is soo charismatic, loving the attitude on the face. i think her face needs to be thinner down from th chin" just suggesting"
but overall.. it looks great

Old 03 March 2008   #13
Really lovin' your sketches. I'm gonna stalk around this thread for more updates. Keep it up!

Old 03 March 2008   #14
Thumbs up

FABULOUS
i like how you managed to change the idea of having thorns because it is so used by others.
and i guess it really works. i also like the final sketch,she is soo charismatic, loving the attitude on the face. i think her face needs to be thinner down from th chin" just suggesting"

Old 03 March 2008   #15
Cool

FABULOUS

Thread Closed share thread