Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
haha I don´t know...maybe the texture or something reminded to a character of the game,

11 November 2007
gG - Show a game screen one day, I`m curious to see the similarities

11 November 2007
No, the thing´s no similarity between your work and that game,haha. Only in my mind The light and textures of your image made a flashback to myself when I played with that videogame.

And that´s all =)

All right, I´ll take the pill

11 November 2007
Lol!!

11 November 2007
Final Image: Strange Dragon Behavior

In the land of Dordor are living many creatures, there are elves, dwarves and dragons. Some are dangerous, some are ferocious and some are... odd. One of them called Spike (we don`t know who could have had a pet dragon, almost humans which approched dragons just died) gathers in his nest clocks from all the region. We don`t know for what obscure reason he have this strage behaviour. Maybe clocks makes a sound he likes, maybe he thinks it`s eggs?

Thanks everybody for help, support and feedback.
This image is a tribute to one of my favourites illustrators: Rodney Matthews.

Tech info: modeling, texturing and rendering done in Luxology modo, final colors and retouch done in Adobe Photoshop.

[this is a repost, I tryed few variations and went back to the final TIF I upload few days ago]

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

Hey, glad to see those mountians are back I was just looking at your image and I have an idea, What if in the background beyound the mountians there was a planet, sort of like something you would see off of the film "Pitch Black". I think it would add depth and mystic.

11 November 2007
Artisan-Hawks - Thx my friend, your idea is great but it`s verry late to start adding a planet now. I`ll try and see if it looks ok, if it looks crappy I`ll leave the image like it is now.

11 November 2007
LOL, I suppose your right! Man where does all the time go?!

11 November 2007
LOL, I suppose you are right! Man where does all the time go?!

11 November 2007
Final Image: Dragon`s strange behaviour

In the land of Dordor are living many creatures, there are elves, dwarves and dragons. Some are dangerous, some are ferocious and some are... odd. One of them called Spike (we don`t know who could have had a pet dragon, almost humans which approched dragons just died) gathers in his nest clocks from all the region. We don`t know for what obscure reason he have this strage behaviour. Maybe clocks makes a sound he likes, maybe he thinks it`s eggs?

Thanks everybody for help, support and feedback.
This image is a tribute to one of my favourites illustrators: Rodney Matthews.

Tech info: modeling, texturing and rendering done in Luxology modo, final colors and retouch done in Adobe Photoshop.

[sorry for multiple reposts, this is the final image]

11 November 2007
Artisan-Hawks - you was right my friend, the planet adds alot of depth to the image and the mood is much better now

Si I updated for the last time my final image, hope the judges will not shoot me down for this

Thanks again for all comments and help. Good luck to all!

11 November 2007
Hey Nomad its looking good! Good luck to you on the judging

11 November 2007
Artisan-Hawks - thx friend, good luck to you too

11 November 2007
Hey new one! There’s a planet now nice touch and increase the detail on your world a lot! I am very glad to see the great final work from you! Your dragon it’s so very appeal able great skill need it for the success of the entrainment industry! Great Work!

Thanks for the support hope to see you around!

11 November 2007
AxelAlonso - Thank you for the kind words

Thread Closed share thread