Sketchbook Thread of Iridyse

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2006
Sketchbook Thread of Iridyse

Hi I figured I should have an anatomy/sketchbook thread here. I'm really rusty, and the practice will do me good

Here's my first, for the supercool Anatomy Lesson Series (the torso). Since the focus was on the torso, the limbs are not very nice:P

I also have this membership for http://www.human-anatomy-for-artist.com (given to me by the wonderful Marek) so I hope to have some sketches from there before my membership dies, haha. Oh and some animal anatomy sketches from all my wonderful books. Whee, I'm all excited now!

09 September 2006
Iridyse,

Fantastic to see your thread go up! Welcome. I really look forward to seeing you dazzle us with your paintings.

I would invite you to create a painting tutorial for the forum any time that you feel so inclined.

Please feel free to post here work you have done from previous OFDWs. Looking forward to seeing much more of your work!

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

09 September 2006
I'd love to see a painting tutorial from you. Saw your first torso now and your other work earlier today. Awesome I must say. I like the style.

Great colors on this one. Looking forward to more. Maybe even some pencil sketches, m?

09 September 2006
Rebeccak: Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'd love to make a tutorial, just let me figure out how to write it out without adding extra nonsense

razz: Thank you! Pencil sketches would be great I lost my full Imperial board though(don't ask me how, it seems to have just disappeared), so it will be a little awkward to draw on smaller pages. But I'm definitely looking forward to doing some pencil sketches too

A detail from the previous image:

Another one for the torso-thread!

109:
Nude Viewed from Behind
1810s
Black chalk with white highlights on blue paper
Forsyth Wickes Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

And a detail again

09 September 2006
As you see it in WIP

Oh wow!!, here comes Super Shreya, I love to see your work here, that torso stuff is amazing, I love it, also your texturized brushes are sooo cool, (I want them :P), I hope as your thread in the wip section this new thread becomes in a instant hit, good luck in your new gallery here.

09 September 2006
Thank you so much Sol! *hug* Here are the brushes (Photoshop CS2) : http://jerry.isilando.com/stuff/shreya-texbrushes.zip

The first is from Goro's set, the rest are mostly mine

Last edited by Iridyse : 09 September 2006 at 05:45 PM.

09 September 2006
Something a bit older, from July 2006 I think.
I've been meaning to do a tutorial/walkthrough of this image, here are the images for now

Ah, I love Bouguereau <3 A copy of the most gorgeous portrait EVER.

No overpaint/colour picking/tracing etc etc done. I think it is pretty evident from the steps, but I thought I'd clarify since I was asked that once I think the best colour effects come from layering (glazing/scumbling). The images are pretty big, my apologies for that. But I think it was better this way since it is clearer what has been done in each step

The steps:

Last edited by Iridyse : 09 September 2006 at 09:18 AM.

09 September 2006
wow this is gorgeous! Great work on the skintones!!

09 September 2006
Really nice work on the torso drawings - and the walkthrough is amazing, keep it up!

09 September 2006
The colors are great from the very beggining. And it starts to look very good in the first steps. What can I say, you know what you're doing. I like the way you've got the texture there. With sort of a camelhair brush. Amazing work, the least I can say. One of the best master studies I've ever seen.

09 September 2006
enialadam: Thank you so much!

mynti: Many thanks

razz: Thanks! I'm rather pleased with the textures. I learnt a lot while painting this I have a link to my brushes in my earlier post if you would like to try them out

Another torso:

And one from the previous OFDW:

09 September 2006
Great sketchbook...great paintings...keep it up

cheers

09 September 2006
Iridyse,

You definitely have to post a separate Tutorial thread for that gorgeous Bouguereau copy!

It would be great if you created a Tutorial here:

Tutorials and Workshops

and called it TUTORIAL - What it's about - by Iridyse

-And definitely please post your images inline so that we can see them - such gorgeous work shouldn't be hidden!

Amazing stuff - looking forward to seeing sparks fly from this thread!

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

09 September 2006
damn you nowI have to find some really strong tape to fix my jaw back to my head
I'm amazed by the subtility in your color usage

09 September 2006
Hi Shreya!

Amazing work! Wish I could paint like that. mind telling us were you studied art?

Thread Closed share thread