Undertow v1.0 Plugin - Now available at Introductory Pricing...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2006
Undertow v1.0 Plugin - Now available at Introductory Pricing...

My new BodyPaint 3D / Cinema 4D plugin is now available for purchase on the C4D pages at Spanki's Prop Shop.

For a limited time, I am offering it at the Introductory Price of $24.95

This plugin is a collection of new commands designed to assist UV-mapping within BodyPaint3D, with an additional focus on a workflow of using C4D's Symmetry Object during the modelling process.

The new commands include:
  • Group Mirror
  • Mesh Splitter
  • Selection Symmetry
  • UV Map Cylinder
  • UV Map Sphere
  • UV Asepect Fit
  • UV CenterU
  • UV CenterV
  • UV TileU
  • UV TileV
  • UV Symmetry
  • UV Stitcher
  • UV AlignU
  • UV AlignV
..a detailed description of the plugin and individual commands is available at the link above.

Cheers,

Keith

Last edited by Keith Young : 09 September 2006 at 08:16 PM.

09 September 2006
In my haste to get this thing out the door, I forgot to thank some folks who helped make it happen... so here's a special "Thank You" to the following people who helped beta test for me:

'chi'
'Posermatic'
'hawkfyr'
'carteseus'

And a few special mentions for development resources and support:

'Kerwin Rabbitroo' and 'Kuroyume0161'

Thanks folks!

09 September 2006
Great news Keith !

09 September 2006
you think you can figure out a way to mirrow lights? this is huge for me and very anoying that c4d can't do this.

09 September 2006
Originally Posted by sketchbook: you think you can figure out a way to mirrow lights? this is huge for me and very anoying that c4d can't do this.

Hmm.. I've never looked into this, but I'll give it some thought.

09 September 2006
added to news..

Hi there
I added link and a short description of your tool to our News... (www.3dsoftware.cz)

Pavel

CINEMA 4D "semi"-unbiased rendering tutorial

http://www.c4d.cz

09 September 2006
Originally Posted by sketchbook: you think you can figure out a way to mirrow lights? this is huge for me and very anoying that c4d can't do this.

Mocca's Bone Mirror Tool will Mirror your Lights. You might have to rotate it if its a spotlight (as it only mirrors the position, not rotations). I'm kinda surprised people haven't thought to try it.

09 September 2006
Talking

Looks like a really handy set of tools. Just sent you a PayPal order. $25 is a good deal.

I would also just like to say that the Documentation is great. Very well done.
Woody Allen

09 September 2006
Sorry, I wasn't getting e-bots for this thread...

Anyway, I just uploaded another tutorial (Part II) to my site. Here are links to the .zip files...

UV Mapping a Head - Part I (about 4mb)

UV Mapping a Head - Part II (about 15mb)

...they are also linked from the C4D page at my site (link up top).

This is the second part in a series of tutorials I'm doing to introduce my Undertow plugin, so I do use several of those commands in the tutorials (hey, I am trying to promote and demo my plugin here ), but hopefully the methodology will still prove useful to those without my plugin (or perhaps the DEMO version of it) or using some other app.

Enjoy,

Keith

p.s.. Sometimes the quality or coloring of the tutorial imagery is not so hot - and sometimes it looks like I'm waving some magic wand as 'stuff happens' as the mouse glides across the screen... I'm pretty new to using the Flash software (Wink), so that might be my fault - sorry about that.

09 September 2006
Originally Posted by pzdm: Hi there
I added link and a short description of your tool to our News... (www.3dsoftware.cz)

Pavel

Thanks Pavel - I don't read Chek (?) but/so I appreciate the translation and notice to your fellow contrymen!

Keith

09 September 2006
Originally Posted by acmepixel: Looks like a really handy set of tools. Just sent you a PayPal order. $25 is a good deal.

I would also just like to say that the Documentation is great. Very well done.

I appreciate the patronage - thanks!

I'm not sure if you used another e-mail to place the order.. did you get my reply yet? Let me know if not and we can look into it.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the comments about the documentation - I put a lot of effort into it (so far), but I always find it hard to know exactly how much technical detail to get into vs. generalizations, before some folks eyes gloss over . In general, I consider myself a terrible writer, so I'm always happy to hear that it might have at least made some sense to someone, somewhere .

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited by Keith Young : 09 September 2006 at 08:14 PM.

09 September 2006
Talking

Hi Keith,

Got the email with the plugin attached, within a few minutes after getting the PayPal receipt.

Thanks.

Now I've really got to knuckle down and learn BodyPaint.

edit;
I should scroll up more often. Thanks for the video tuts too.
Woody Allen

Last edited by acmepixel : 09 September 2006 at 08:32 PM.

09 September 2006
Due to some hold ups on my part, I've decided to extend the Introductory Pricing until at least the end of the month (was supposed to end 2 days ago .

Cheers,

Keith

09 September 2006
Congratualtions Keith, defintiely some really useful features chi has talked to me about.definitely recommend this one to people doing lot of UV's, its great for people doing a lot of ZBrush work too.

Thread Closed share thread