The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Michal Matczak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
wow! I just adore this. The colours are wonderful! I love what you've done with the lighting in the distance.

Great work!

03 March 2006
Nice sky - I like it. The general impresion is great too.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: "Birth"

I woke up one day and looked at the last piece I did and thought it's too... clichee - a sunrise, mountains. etc... And I was thinking of birth - a life-long journey, with soo many possible ways that it's overwhelming to even think about them.
Optimists say, that life consists of happy moments. Those moments give light to our dull, gray, everyday life. Also those moments can be turning points in our journey, the crossroads on the path of life.
Finally - from the day of birth our path is straight and clearly visible, we are being carried in our parents' arms. Then the road start to twist and turn, we can't see it that clearly. But in those turning points we sometimes can see waht lies ahead, in short distance, but still.

Those are the thoughts I tried to put into this concept. I think this is the one I'll finally render. :)

C/c would be appreciated. :)

03 March 2006
i did like the first one but this one is really good.
i think you should color it quickly becouse its not really understandable without reading your explanation or examining a little long. but it will be beatiful as i can see.

im curious about the colors you'll use

03 March 2006
Yeah, I need to balance out the importance of the objects, I'm thinking of making the child bigger. Now it's all too balanced. Will dig it more. And the colours will add to it also I think. i have a cool idea, but we'll see how it turns out. Thanks for comment.

03 March 2006
Smile Concept Sketch: Dunno yet...

I probably stay with this one, can't decide... :( It's so hard to make something appealing and interesting. This started as try-out of Goro's brushes - you can dl them here :

Then I came up with an idea... You'll see in the next update :)

Last edited by MikeTheHunter : 03 March 2006 at 11:16 AM.

03 March 2006
Nice to see that u are using Goro's brushes, I am still around buddy, still haven't forgot about u! Nice sketches mate, keep em coming!

03 March 2006
Smile

Heh, thanks for your continuing support, mate Those brushes are sooo powerfull

OK, off to work

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: "Awaiting for pickup :) "

So I came up with a simple idea - a family of mice is waiting to be picked up by a parrot, to move to another tree house - their furniture will be added further. I just wanted to make something fun, simple and appealing ( I'll try at least :) ) Hope you like it. :)

04 April 2006
Someone else is doing the idea of mice getting picked up by a bird man. You might not get much reply on this since the thread that makaron started seems famous and has gotten a lotta support already. Nice sketches btw.

04 April 2006
glad to see you're trying some options. i have a suspicion you'll wind up gong back to your first idea. that sky will come together for you if you keep banging on it. that's a very cool tree, btw.

they actually have trees like that here in australia. i couldn't believe it first time i saw one. they look like set models. anyway...

i really dig your dude putting on hiking boots. it's not as plain as you might be thinking. it's a really striking composition and it made me want to go there pretty bad. and i'm really not that all that outdoorsy.

either way though, have fun!
cheers,
~B

04 April 2006
Smile

ahbeejieh - I'm not sure to any of those ideas, just wanna check which one has the greatest potential. I might dig more into "Birth" idea...

anzibon - and you might be right a bout that, man. I could really end up with this guy in the end. And yeah, the tree was painted from reference, but loosely. I had no idea this tree was from Australia, though..

K, will dig in more. And update soon.

04 April 2006
Great value study. I really like the bird's eye perspective

HelzerSketch Blog

04 April 2006
Smile

danielh68 - thanks I'm glad you like it.

04 April 2006
Thumbs up

Im lovin the concept!!

Thread Closed share thread