The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Dávid Páncsics

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #1
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Dávid Páncsics

Dávid Páncsics is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Test

Old 03 March 2006   #2
Hey, first post

Good luck m8!!

Old 03 March 2006   #3
Concept Sketch: The first idea...

Heyy! A new challenge, i missed the last one, so i decided to join this one...

So heres my first idea... what do you think?

Good luck everyone!

Old 03 March 2006   #4
Thanx Zycho! Good luck for you too!

Old 03 March 2006   #5
Very original. But I don't think I quite get it... Where is he going/comming from?

Still, I like your style! The papergrain fits the feel of the sketch nicely. Gives a rugged feel, as a contrast to the bright coloring.

Old 03 March 2006   #6
Yes... i could find a good solution for this problem... i have the jurney part but the begin part is missing... Well we'll see on the next update Need to make some pencil sketch...

Old 03 March 2006   #7
Concept Sketch: An other idea

Welll.... I had an old idea... and i thought it could turn out quite well, so i made a pencil sketch and after scanning i added a colors, etc... Well? The guy looks idiot now.. heh i have to add more details. He is playing with a toy boat

Old 03 March 2006   #8
Coloring WIP: Still the same

Well i made an art rage version of the last one... I love the colors, but im sux with the mouse. So this is just a quick color test, tell me if you like the idea or the concept... anything :)

Old 03 March 2006   #9
Concept Sketch: enviroment

I made an enviroment sketch... But i love the last one... what do you think should i make more sketches or go on with the city thing?

Old 03 March 2006   #10
I like the color-scheme on the last one... Very gloomy. I could be great to see some living things in this sketch (human or creature...), to somehow show how you imagine the type of journey (someone leaving for excile, going to battle or whatever)...

But the idea with the boy sending his boat down the stream is quite appealing. I had somewhat the same idea, with someone sending a child in a small craddle or boat down a stream, but the way I imagined it, was too similar to the story in the bible. Therefore I didn't persue it. But I like where you've taken it.
I love the idea of making it look like a painting (art rage?), and I think it suits the story very well.

Perhaps you could come up with a way to show where the boat is heading? Perhaps show the stream go out of the city, and that the boy thereby sets the boat free from the dark city...? I don't know, just a thought...

Anywhay I like your progress and style! Keep it comming!!

Old 03 March 2006   #11
Thanx for the comment!

The last one is still quite open for me. I had an idea for a lonely wood-cutter, with a chainsaw and with a orange helmet on his head.
I had ideas about an elit commando with big guns.. You know
So Feel free to add any ideas..

The other painting was made in the program ArtRage 2. Its a cool program, nice brushes can be used in. I chose this oil painting style, so it turned out like this I tried to catch the athmosphere of a boring city. The only problem i had too that there is no aim for the boat. I have to make a good story for it..

Thax for the time you spend to comment!

-D

Old 03 March 2006   #12
Talking

Great to see you here Brutal Monk! Good luck!!!

That last sketch has a really great mood to it ~ but maybe a little too centered compositionally?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2006   #13
Concept Sketch: composition

Thanx for the correcting, Rebecca! The last one was too centered as you said.. So i changed the angle, the perpective and a lot of thing...

SO here's the story!

A fat guy in rousing colored clothes with a an other rousing colored helmet on his head. He is smoking..

The woodcutter man (the fat guy) has just entered a closed area, kicking down the fance. Maybe he will stay on the stop sing. So he is almost over the fance.. hes holding a big orange or red chainsaw that reek blue smoke..

What do you think? I will make some sketch ASAP...

Old 03 March 2006   #14
Line Art: khmm

<IMAGE BELLOW>

Well, yes... i have no time to waste... i am quite busy nowadays.
I made a quick sketch for the 'version B' I though about. In this version as you see one is sitting on the fance and the other one (which is a potato now :D) is playing with his smart chainsaw haha :D

The 'version A' is still under constracion too, the fat man will crush the fance down.

What do you think which idea is the better?

Last edited by BrutalMonk : 03 March 2006 at 08:33 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #15
Wooooops wrong image i shall change it somehow

Thread Closed share thread