Master Copies - Post Your Copies From The Great Masters! 2D/3D D/T DRWG/PTG/SCULPTURE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
KEi.. so lovely drawing u have there,..
Uridian.. u also have a good thing there ^_^

Quote: AWESOME, just AWESOME ~ thank you for posting this! Let me ask, though ~ was any tracing involved? I'm not sure it matters to me, but I wanted to ask

Rebecca, thank you. ^_^ sorry not to mention it at first... I'm not using tracing, but... I'm using Grid method in photoshop :P I know it lil bit like a cheat but more better than tracing. lol. I just want the drawing to be more accurate.

07 July 2005
AdrielaSakamoto - Thank you very much...I'm happy to inspire you..and I really encourage you and anyone to paint traditionally, especially nowadays when digital painting is more convenient. I think its very important that we all don't lose our traditional skills.

Paint is good for the skin :P

uRiDiAN- Thank you! your drawings are very nice.

dareevan- Thanks a lot! I really like the painting you did...very well done!

Great job everyone!

Last edited by Kei-Acedera : 07 July 2005 at 06:52 PM.

07 July 2005
Talking

Kei Acedera,

I am truly inspired! Your paintings are truly charming, and I sincerely hope one day you get to do a children's book, or some project which puts to good use your amazing talents!

BTW, you should definitely post some of your work on the Portraits and Caricatures - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL - YOO HOO BOBBY CHIU thread ~ heh, I had to bait Bob, but I'm actually having a hard time telling your caricatures apart from his...yep, I'd be happy to lure the both of you into posting on this thread!

Thanks for the awesome post!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by rebeccak : 07 July 2005 at 04:56 PM.

07 July 2005
Here we go:

This is the first copy of a master's work I did, and I must say that was a great experience. It was like, wathcing Annibale Carracci constructing a figure using curves and circles.

This is the original

Sorry for my
terrible English.

Sketch everyday

Last edited by augustus : 07 July 2005 at 01:25 PM.

07 July 2005
Talking

augustus,

I love this Master Copy, and can tell how much effort you put into getting the details just right.
Thank you for posting this! Your understanding of Opposing Curves is everywhere apparent.

Will you continue to do more Master Copies? I think that they are HUGELY beneficial ~ and also a lot of fun.

Hope to see your future results!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
I have been hooked to Michelangelo's work since I was in 4th grade. Very good to study every now and then. I saw others here have made copies of some of my favorite ones by Michelangelo so I thought I'd throw some old ones up here. These are about 3-4 years old; ink sketches (so there is little room for error). Done as 15-30 minute studies. Very scratchy gestural practices.

The charcoal drawing is a Michelangelo piece I think but I am not sure. I can't remember.

Hope you enjoy.

08 August 2005
i did this sketch a couple of weeks ago. it is not really a one to one copy, but a painting out of my memory after visiting a Salvador Dali Exhibition where this piece of illustration for Dante Aligheri`s "Divina Comedia". I just loved the series of illlustrations he did, especially this piece. Originally he had drawers in his stomach and only 2 wings, as i later recalled by watching the exhibition catalog^^.

08 August 2005
Talking

leadheaded,

I am excited to see that this is your first post! Welcome to CGTalk and to the Anatomy forum ~ I hope to see more of your work!

I really like these studies! I got hooked on Michelangelo around the same time, fourth grade or so when my folks bought me a book of his work. It's cool to see these drawings! Keep going with them! Do you work digitally at all? It would be interesting to know.

Llynna,

This is a cool sketch! I've heard that the Dali Museum is amazing, so I can see why you would be inspired to do such a drawing having seen his work. I hope to see more of your work, feel free to post on any of the threads we have here!

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
Here's a sketch I did of the Pieta a year or so ago...

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by rebeccak: leadheaded,

I am excited to see that this is your first post! Welcome to CGTalk and to the Anatomy forum ~ I hope to see more of your work!

I really like these studies! I got hooked on Michelangelo around the same time, fourth grade or so when my folks bought me a book of his work. It's cool to see these drawings! Keep going with them! Do you work digitally at all? It would be interesting to know.

~Rebeccak

Thanks for the warm wlecome Rebecca! I have visiting these forums daily and trying to learn different CG techniques. I have been copying masters for a while so I just felt like posting here.

I have been working with CG on a more daily basis like for the last year. Recently I have been modeling a few heads in Zbrush and working with the skin shaders in Maya 6.5. I just feel a little intimidated to post anything here because of the quality of work being posted here. I will post some of it up here though and I'll let you know about it too

Thanks for your comments.

08 August 2005
How I spent my Saturday. Around 6 hours for all three. From the book "Sixteenth-Century Tuscan Drawings From the Uffizi".

08 August 2005
I love Durer's work, here is his "Study of an Old Man" I did recently.

Done in Painter, using charcoal. Copied from a book. I am working on a painting of his "Man of Sorrows" as well.

JH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg studyofoldman-s.jpg (88.7 KB, 37 views)

08 August 2005
Talking

Wow, there are several posts here that I was not aware of!

leadheaded,

You are welcome! I hope to see more of your work!

Pinoy McGee,

I'm sorry, I had not seen this post! These are lovely copies!

Justin Hunt,

Very cool work! I think the way you painted the beard is especially nice! I think it's cool to see the Old Masters being copied into the Digital Age! Will you be participating in the Open Figure Drawing Workshop 002?

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

08 August 2005
IF I have a chance tonight I shall have a go. I must admit that I keep on forgetting to check up on these fantaic threads, even though they are the ones that have inspired me to pick up the pencile again. I am having a ball. With two very young kids I don't get much time to myself, let alone set up my easil, so digital painting has been a great benifit to me. Even my 3yr son loves to paint on the computer. But I do miss the texture, smell and feeling of pushing oil paint around a canvass.

Thanks for the inspiration and the lessons. Being self taught I am learning alot

JH

Last edited by Hoppergrass : 08 August 2005 at 06:36 AM. Reason: I just cant spell

09 September 2005
Hi there, I did a couple of drawings from some X-Men books a while ago, about 7 of them in total. The only one I have scanned right now is the one I consider my best:

Unfortunately, all my comics were lost when we had a flood in January of this year (Im in Guyana) so I cant provide the original pic.

Then I tried to colour it, of course I had an excellent guide (the comic itself):

This is the first time I've tried colouring anything.
I've downloaded Loomis' books and I plan to practice a lot on my drawing skills, and I'm buying Digital Character design and painting by Seegmiler. So, I hope in a little while to be posting much more, and to get much better, this forum is an excellent resource, and gj on all the hard work rebecca.

Last edited by Althanis : 09 September 2005 at 01:47 PM.

Thread Closed share thread