Project Obdivian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
Project-OBDIVIAN Rhyder-

Name of project:OBDIVIAN

Name:Efrain.O.Panneflek.

If stardet to make a sketch for a myth creature,im planning to make a female worrior or queen ride,whit amors and allthose stuff.

Obdivian,its a name i gave him,i thod it soundit pretty cool to.

i made a couple of sketches and put it beside my screen and open't my girlfriend maya right away.and stardet boxmodeling and stardet forming it adding edges,and so on.

i had the mouth ready,eyes and the basic figguer,so i exported a obj to zbrush.

In z brush i made the model make sence by adding and subbing it and actually making it look cooler.

i gave him a special selected material for the skin,i used zbrush standard material,becourse i knew it would look good once i stardet painting on it in photoshop.

i transported a psd file from zbrush to photoshop,and stardet painting on it.

composited a background images and retouched everything,messing around whit contrast,and colour balance and basicly using all the tools availeble to make it look better.

the render was all done in zbrush (in grey material no texture),all the rest was done in good old fasion photoshop.

all comments are welcome.enjoy

ps.all done in 1 day

3D4life.

Afther doing maya,i stardet doing what i needit in Zbrush

This is the material i was talking about.this is my final zbrush Render,then i transported a psd file.

Ok i moved on to photoshop,and stardet painting on top of my image.i used brown,yellow,green.blue,messing around whit lots of setts to get what i wanted.

Then i moved to night colours,and adjusting arias like the eyes.

More adjustments.

And more,and stopt ad this final render.

Ok remember i still have a long road to go this was just simply a test to get to know my character and maybe how to improve it.i just had to see how how he would look,and maybe
design his characterism on this picture he is still nice,what i have plant for him is a total body,whit panser armors and a sadle for the female warrior to sit in,im still working on the female so make sure you come back to be uptodate and maybe if you can assist me whit advice,im allways willing to learn theory's or ways to improve my self.
Any comments are welcome,doing things wrong,is a way to learn how to do things right

Last edited by GeoGraphiX : 07 July 2005 at 09:40 AM.

07 July 2005
hehe

2morrow ill upload the sketches i made,i forgot them,ill do that later.

08 August 2005
Unhappy hi GeoGraphiX

hi GeoGraphiX GREAT WORK....I just wonder how you bump map it. can you teach me?
I got the zbrush 2 but I don't know very much about it, I use 3D max to model things how can you drag 3D max models too Zbrush ? Do I still need to unwap the models for 3Dmax's models?

08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread