Krapooyo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Stunning, beautiful work! Music suited the piece very well also. The animation is whimsical and wonderfully stylised, I thought maybe you could treat the dream sequence a little more, it seems a little bare compared to the rest of the piece.
Congrats of producing such a wonderful piece in your spare time, that's some achievement!
Matt

05 May 2005
There isn't a single element of this that I don't adore....

Absolutely wonderful work, his expression as he's running around the tree made me laugh in ways you can't imagine (actually, you probably can!).

If there were 10 stars available, you'd deserve 20.

05 May 2005
thats a cool style you got there !

05 May 2005
Wow, how brilliant is this!!!
Beautiful Art, CG at it's best. Incredibly well made - there's nothing i had to critique after this first screening. (Feeling is still fresh... ) I love how you obsorved nature, animals and motion and put it all together in this crazy style. This is really the best visual Style for a short i have seen so far. And the whole thing fit's so nice together, the Music and Sound just works great. Congrats for this piece. It will bring you far.
(Hum, no Frontpage yet?)

5 Stars from me man, more if i had...
Keep it UP!

PS: Beautiful Webpage too! Great!
EDIT: BTW i would love to see this piece in a higher Resolution. Full HDTV encoded with two passes in divx would be great. Also higher Quality Sound too if possible. I could provide you with temporary space for the time of heavy screening too. I wanna see every detail of this Masterpiece!

Last edited by Geddart : 05 May 2005 at 11:13 PM.

05 May 2005
Dude I seriously watched this short 10+ times, it's so entertaining. One of the best short I've seen yet

05 May 2005
PLEASE create a quicktime readable format ... I am pretty sure that you will find your way to front page sooner or later and you will get a lot of complains (as you allready got) from people who cannot read the codec (as it seems the video works but the audio doesnt read)

as I offered you in a PM I can mirror a mov for you.

looking forward to see it WITH sound.

perhaps this is just an apple prob, but i tried every available player here on mac, even tried to convert it (divx doctor) ... no chance to make that sound appear.

05 May 2005
Thumbs up

yeeaah !!!

ca fait plaisir de voir ton taf sur CGtalk, c est un bon pti film.
5 starts pour moi, j espere que tu passeras en frontpage ..

a+

Clem

05 May 2005
great work ..awesome
franchement c'est superbe,plein de sensibilité et en plus c'est drole.les designs sont bien, l'anim et les rendus aussi..un grand bravo

05 May 2005
great scenario, beatiful art, fantastic modeling, nice animation...

05 May 2005
Talking Woooooooooooow~

cool!!! I like It. 5 stars!

05 May 2005
Thanks for all supports!
(merci msieur Clems)

I have make a mac version.But it s a little heavy i am sorry.

http://krapooyo.free.fr/krapooyoMac.rar

I have saw ther is no problem for Nox film and it s an avi...
If you have an idea for any codecs for mac (and where i can found it), i am interested.

Thank you.

Yanik
http://krapooyo.free.fr
http://y.puig.free.fr

05 May 2005
Absolutely amazing and brilliant work. You have created a very refreshing and beautiful film. Kudos to you! Five stars from me!

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by y.puig: Thanks for all supports!
(merci msieur Clems)

I have make a mac version.But it s a little heavy i am sorry.

http://krapooyo.free.fr/krapooyoMac.rar

I have saw ther is no problem for Nox film and it s an avi...
If you have an idea for any codecs for mac (and where i can found it), i am interested.

Thank you.

Yanik
http://krapooyo.free.fr
http://y.puig.free.fr

thnx a million, still downloading.
for the questions which codecs work on mac or not.
tricky storry. like with codecs allways.

to be super sure you would take a old classic codec like sorenson3. there you can be sure every mac and pc user can open it with quicktime and windows media player.
for the new (not so new anymore) codecs like divx / xvid ...
quicktime supports 3ivx D4 4.5.1 and there is also the divx pluggin available on divx.com for mac. most of the time I have no prob with divx.
with yours it didnt seem to be the video that is a prob (Divx3.11) but the sound compression that seems to be a GSM610 (never heard) ... as other visitors I could see but not listen to it.

so perhaps it would have been just sufficient to keep the same video codec but choose something like mp3 as a audio codec.

one thing that make me tend to go to the good old sorenson3 is that I can scrub arround and look at it frame by frame much better than with the newer higher compressed codecs.

also there is a new codec generation that comes with quicktime called H.264 that is a very powerfull codec with brilliant results.

now I have your mac version here and I see that it is sorenson3. works great also the audio, but I think you could found better compression settings. what i mean is it would have been possible to make a highres version 720x406 (as the divx) that still stays under 20MB. pherhaps not with sorenson3.

try to make it a divx with another sound codec ... or if you like I can give it a try. there for I would need a uncompressed version ... just PM me if you want to take this offer.

thnx aggain

05 May 2005
really awesome, it has a nice warm feeling to it, very nice

05 May 2005
really nice short, quite cute and like others for me there were some minor animation things that bugged (pun intended) me a little but I don`t really care cos its just so nice

Thread Closed share thread