ALIEN™ on a Day Off: PS7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
ALIEN™ on a Day Off: PS7

Pretty self-explanatory, I suppose...

My current plans are to further flesh out all the sketchy areas, toss a little light onto the back wall, throw some more stuff onto the shelves, fix some problems with the shelves, detail the bag of chips on the floor, tighten the glass, tweak the alien, fluff the kitty, and eventually... possibly... maybe... we'll see... I dunno... I suppose I should... you know I will: colour the damn thing.

See watchya think:

My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

THE SOUL IS DYED THE COLOUR OF ITS THOUGHTS

Last edited by William b. Hand : 10 October 2005 at 08:11 PM.

05 May 2005
Before I clicked on this thread I saw an Alien with sunglasses, on a tropical beach...it's a great concept "Alien on a day off"

It's a great picture, puts a smile on your face And art that evokes emotions is good IMO

05 May 2005
Heh... great posing and relection. Maybe add some warm colours to make it feel more relaxed, but I guess you're getting to that!

05 May 2005
Haha, the poster is a nice touch!

Maybe add a Alien vs Predator game with that PS2.

05 May 2005
Very nice alien. I wonder what he is watching on TV

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

05 May 2005
first off, i like the smirk of the alien and the atmosphere. but i have a tiny remark, shoudn`t the alien leave dell in the chair?

05 May 2005
paintbox - Thanks! I came up with the concept, and began the picture, for the Daily Sketch Group forum over at ConceptArt.org . There were a lot of sunglasses and beach scenes in other pics there, but I was figuring this was just a single day off... not a full-blown vacation.

erilaz - Thank you! Yeah, maybe some warmer colours to come... we'll see. Even if I add colour, I suspect it should retain that sortuv blueish cast from the t.v.

Art2 - Glad you dig the poster! I wasn't certain if anyone would recognize it, but everybody does! I felt clever. As for the the AVP game... well, I think what I might do... * ... Let's just say I do have an idea about a nod to the crossover.

Queensoul - Thanks. Hm... I dunno what he's watching.

Llynna - Glad you like! When you say: "...shouldn't the alien leave dell in the chair?" I'm gonna guess that you're talking about dents in the chair? If so... then yeah, that's a good point. Somehow I was okay with what it looks like, but now that you mention it, it bothers me -- The rest of the chair is looking pretty plush. Luckily, I think I can easily fluff that seat up around his legs. Good point - thanks!
My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

THE SOUL IS DYED THE COLOUR OF ITS THOUGHTS

Last edited by William b. Hand : 05 May 2005 at 05:46 PM.

05 May 2005
yes, i meant teh dents, but that dull dictionary suggestet dell^^. anyway, that was the only thing that was bothering me and i am glad if my suggestion was of any help.

05 May 2005
I love how its coming along... the colored version is gonna be awesome if this says anything about it hehe

Nice work so far... I love it!

10 October 2005
Hahah! great! I wouldve missed this if it wasnt for the link on your signature!
Excellent idea, and executed really well. Wouldve been nice to see him reclining with a glass of milk (milk neutralises acid, so maybe it would kill him!) and a precariously placed baseball cap.
I like the idea of him watching tv as well - even though he has no eyes!

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread