New Tool for Scripters: Supra?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
New Tool for Scripters: Supra?

Hi all,

I always wanted to write a browser to edit scripts, but never found the time till now. You can get it at orionflame.com/scripts.

Simply put the script into your stdscripts folder. It remembers all the settings and can be loaded automatically for each max session. There are 2 things that are not in the menus, ctrl + click a folder to open, ctrl + click a script to delete.

Good luck,
Light

03 March 2006
Nice, I really like it. Can browse scripts much faster. Really helpfull. Ho yeah, ctl + RMB or left mouse bouton make you delete. By clicking on it, you open the file in maxscript editor.

Thx, for this nice browser.

03 March 2006
Hi,

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you liked it.

Btw I have just updated it to v0.3:

-- Development History
-- v0.2: Better sorting algorithm, Expand All doesn't randomize the scroll
-- v0.3: Better data handling

Thanks,
Light

03 March 2006
Ah, so that's why I couldn't download it last time! You changed the name from ice!

Thanks for the update!

03 March 2006
sorry double post

Last edited by Light. : 03 March 2006 at 07:43 AM.

03 March 2006
Yeah Martin, I changed the name. I think Supra sounds better. I hope you find it useful.

Thanks,
Light

03 March 2006
Except Supra sounds like the Supra keys (the opposite of sticky keys) in XSI. Where you hold a key down and can use the function on it (move for instance) then when you let go it restores the previous function (say select). I thought it was something to emulate that functionality. Might cause confusion.

03 March 2006
Thanks a million. I have been using one that I have had for years and it is OK but I always wanted to rewrite it using ax controls. Now I don't, thanks.

03 March 2006
Hi robinb,

There is a picture of the UI in my website, where you can see it when you move your mouse over the icon on left side.

Thanks Paul, I am glad you find it useful. I plan to add a few more features like searching a string inside script files, which I think would be after rewriting Mass!ve.

Thanks,
Light

03 March 2006
I have just updated the code with:

-- v0.4 Bold style for directories, fast access to scripts & stdscripts folders, ability to search inside scripts

Good luck,
Light

04 April 2006
Hi all,

I have updated the code again:

-- v0.5: Docks faster, remembers dialog size correctly

Good luck,
Light

10 October 2006
Hi all,

Just rewrote my script browser from scratch and thought I should share.

Here is the screenshot:

You can get it here > Light > Production Tools > Supra

Don't forget to get the required C4 function library.

It only comes with a single code file, which should be placed under stdscripts. Creates macroscript itself when not present.

Quick help:

Click a script to edit
Ctrl click a script to delete (with confirmation)

Click a directory to expand/collapse
Ctrl click a directory to open it
Shift click a directory to expand/collapse all subdirectories

Right click inside the treeview to expand/collapse all nodes.
Shift right click to reset the dialog size
Ctrl right click to refresh scripts

Drag inside the treeview to move the dialog.

Filter shows the scripts whose name matches the provided string (case-insensitive)
Search allows you to search for a string inside the scripts (case-sensitive)

If you decide to use both of them, optionally first use the filter then the search feature, because filtering is faster than searching.

The rest is obvious.

Feedback, ideas, and the like are always welcome.

Light

10 October 2006
Hi light,

That's a great little utility. I had been using scriptman but i like yours more. Thanks very much!

Read my technical blog - lonerobot.net

10 October 2006
Thanks alot Peter. I am glad you liked it.

Light

10 October 2006
hey Light, after a morning's use of your script, i dont know if something like this is useful or not, but i find myself having lots of scripts and functions that i manually run each time, (I know I could just create macros but i guess it's a case of not having my UI cluttered with too many.)

Would there be a way of taking the listbox functionality that you already have and applying a way of running the selected script with, say CTRL+click?, that way i can leave your window up the whole time and run my scripts to my hearts desire!

Also, at the mo, i've put it in the .ms file in the startup>script folder. When i restart max, it resets the position to 0,0. Can it remember it's last screen pos even after a restart, or is this something to do with the pos variable in the macro? (reason i use the .ms and not the macro is i want it to start each time i load max!)

Thanks again Light, i wouldn't ask for any changes normally ,except for the fact that your script is going to be so useful!

Read my technical blog - lonerobot.net

Thread Closed share thread