IColorSwatch Custom Control

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #1
IColorSwatch Custom Control

how do you tell if the user has pressed cancel? And I thought having to use a timer in an mxs was retarded but for the love of god the sdk implementation is so so so so so f**king dumb!!!

yes you know when a user has cancelled because it sends another CC_COLOR_CHANGE message after CC_COLOR_CLOSE message, but hey you are buggered if you need to clean up some stuff on CC_COLOR_CLOSE. But at this point you have no way of knowing if another CC_COLOR_CHANGE is coming.

Last edited by Klunk : 11 November 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Old 11 November 2013   #2
found a solution that is far from Ideal, I do the clean up on opening the picker prior to any reinitialization and cleanup any residuals when the tool closes. Does mean the tool spend most of it's time using up memory it doesn't need to but maybe some timer based house keeping can solve that. I just cannot believe the lazy shoddy programming that lies behind max sometimes, like most things max, half arsed!

Old 11 November 2013   #3
as addendum to this I have to thank Autodesk for their woeful programming as it forced me to look at other solutions to my problem. I now have a really useful set of modifiers which far surpass the functionality I had achieved with the tool (though it still has it's uses). So not so frustrated now, well a little from having to wade through the treacle that is the modifier samples (a sample do nothing modifier that shows how to implement a gizmo that doesn't derive from simplemod or simplemod2 would be nice btw Autodesk).

Old 11 November 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread