mmMaxControls : 3dsmax style .NET controls

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #46
Originally Posted by lo: This already exists, I just forgot to include it in the documentation. See the SelectionMode property:
http://www.monotoneminimal.com/mmMa...54af2759740766f

both modes don't work as i expect...
in modal mode when i press and hold unchecked button, after the picking any button the control changes state to on.

Old 05 May 2013   #47
Originally Posted by denisT: both modes don't work as i expect...
in modal mode when i press and hold unchecked button, after the picking any button the control changes state to on.

This is in accordance with 3dsmax behavior. See the Snap and Scale buttons on the main toolbar for example.

Last edited by lo : 05 May 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Old 05 May 2013   #48
Again, thanks for the good work, lo! For sure, this will be much used!

I thought a little positive remark will make you happy in the middle of all these numerous but still pertinent denisT feedbacks .
I have even discovered some features of the 3dsmax controls reading denisT posts

Old 05 May 2013   #49
Originally Posted by feranti: Again, thanks for the good work, lo! For sure, this will be much used!

I thought a little positive remark will make you happy in the middle of all these numerous but still pertinent denisT feedbacks .
I have even discovered some features of the 3dsmax controls reading denisT posts

Thanks. I don't take it to heart of course. Denis is hard to please, but high standards improve my work, and I'm grateful he's spending his time giving me feedback.

Old 05 May 2013   #50
Originally Posted by lo: This is in accordance with 3dsmax behavior. See the Snap and Scale buttons on the main toolbar for example.

you are right. so let's leave how it is.

Old 05 May 2013   #51
Originally Posted by denisT: you are right.

I'm printing this post and putting it on my refrigerator

Old 05 May 2013   #52
Originally Posted by lo: Thanks. I don't take it to heart of course. Denis is hard to please, but high standards improve my work,

same rule for me... if i make any control, function, etc. the most important for me is make it perfect

Old 05 May 2013   #53
Originally Posted by lo: I'm printing this post and putting it on my refrigerator

my bad... i haven't used Snap button for a long time

Old 05 May 2013   #54
Originally Posted by lo: I'm printing this post and putting it on my refrigerator

One day I hope to do this too.... *dreams*

Old 05 May 2013   #55
# FlyoutCheckButton
i don't like the way how to set tooltips. .net tooltip is more powerful than mxs. with this control we are loosing this features (title, icon, ...)

also all .net dropdown controls have a shadow by default. it makes them better readable.

Last edited by denisT : 05 May 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #56
Hi,
This is very interesting !
I don't understand how to make a handler for the flyout buttons.
Could you please show a simple example ?

How to wrtie somthing like this ?
on mmFlyBtn (Button2) changed state do (print "Hello") -- What is the correct Syntax ?

Thx

Old 06 June 2013   #57
Originally Posted by Zbuffer: How to wrtie somthing like this ?
on mmFlyBtn (Button2) changed state do (print "Hello") -- What is the correct Syntax ?

You shoudl use the ItemSelected event.

on mmFlyBtn ItemSelected s e do (print e.index)

This will fire when an item is selected from the flyout.
To catch regular clicks you can just do it like any other dotnet control:

on mmFlyBtn Click s e do (print "click")

Last edited by lo : 06 June 2013 at 05:13 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #58
Originally Posted by lo: Denis is hard to please, but high standards improve my work, and I'm grateful he's spending his time giving me feedback.

That was what I meant, too .

Old 06 June 2013   #59
I've posted another update (hopefully last one) to v1.02:
  • Spinner: Very minor change of point of transitioning from click to drag behavior, now completely matches 3dsmax.
  • CheckButton: Now shows checked background on mouse down, instead of mouse up.
  • FlyoutButton and FlyoutCheckButton: Flyout items are now correctly shifted 1 pixel right and down on mouse over.
  • FlyoutButton: ItemSelected is now also triggered when the button is clicked without the flyout opening.

Old 06 June 2013   #60
Thanks for keeping this updated!

Thread Closed share thread