CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max > 3dsMax SDK and MaxScript
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
MorzzE
portfolio
MorzE MorzE
Russia

Question [SDK] How to get vert by tvert?

Hello everyone!
There is a question: how can i get vertex by texture vertex?
I'm using 3DS Max 2013 SDK.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Klunk
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Klunk
United Kingdom

mesh or mnmesh ?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
MorzzE
portfolio
MorzE MorzE
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk
mesh or mnmesh ?

mesh

Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Klunk
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Klunk
United Kingdom

the process is the same for both though the syntax differs

something like this should do the trick....

Code:
Mesh* mesh = ..... where you get the mesh if (!mesh->mapSupport(channel)) ..... handle the error BitArray geoverts(mesh->getNumVerts()); int nMapFaces = mesh->Map(channel).getNumFaces(); TVFace *mapFaces = mesh->mapFaces(channel); for (int i = 0; i < nMapFaces; i++) { if(mapFaces[i]) { for (int j=0; j<3; j++) { if(mapFaceData[i].t[j] == mapvert) { geoverts.Set(mesh->faces[i].v[j]); break; // there should only be one matching per face } } } }

its not been tested, is a quick conversion from an mnmesh version I have. Though it's not common it is possible to have a single map vert shared with many geo verts, if you are sure that this will never be the case you can add an escape flag for the main loop and use a single int to store the geovert index as opposed to the bitarray.

Last edited by Klunk : 03-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
MorzzE
portfolio
MorzE MorzE
Russia

I do not quite understand what exactly does this code.

There is my code:
Code:
INode* rootNode = i->GetRootNode(); unsigned int meshCount = rootNode->NumberOfChildren(); for(unsigned int u = 0; u < meshCount; u++) { INode* node = rootNode->GetChildNode(u); BOOL deleteIt = FALSE; TriObject *tri = GetTriObjectFromNode(node, deleteIt); unsigned int tVertexCount = tri->mesh.getNumTVerts(); for(unsigned j = 0; j < tVertexCount; j++) { float x = tri->mesh.getTVert(j).x; float y = tri->mesh.getTVert(j).y; // So I get the coordinates of the texture vertices. // And how do I get the coordinates of the vertex corresponding to the given texture vertex? } }

Last edited by MorzzE : 03-27-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Klunk
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Klunk
United Kingdom

in this case go via the faces....

Code:
INode* rootNode = i->GetRootNode(); unsigned int meshCount = rootNode->NumberOfChildren(); for(unsigned int u = 0; u < meshCount; u++) { INode* node = rootNode->GetChildNode(u); BOOL deleteIt = FALSE; TriObject *tri = GetTriObjectFromNode(node, deleteIt); /* unsigned int tVertexCount = tri->mesh.getNumTVerts(); for(unsigned j = 0; j < tVertexCount; j++) { float x = tri->mesh.getTVert(j).x; float y = tri->mesh.getTVert(j).y; // So I get the coordinates of the texture vertices. // And how do I get the coordinates of the vertex corresponding to the given texture vertex? }*/ // go by faces int nfaces = tri->mesh.getNumFaces(); TVFace *mapfaces = tri->mesh.mapFaces(channel); // the generic case or //TVFace* mapfaces = tri->mesh.tvFace; // the specific channel 1 case Face *faces = tri->mesh.faces; for(int i = 0; i < nfaces; i++) { if(mapfaces[i] && faces[i]) { for(int j=0; j<3; j++) { int tvert_index = mapfaces[i].t[j]; // the index into the map vert data int vert_index = faces[i].v[j]; // the index for the equivalent geo vert } } } }

Last edited by Klunk : 03-27-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
MorzzE
portfolio
MorzE MorzE
Russia

Thank you very much! It works.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Klunk
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Klunk
United Kingdom

you have to be quite careful sometimes, depending on what you are doing, because going by face means you can visit (and effect) the same verts repeatedly . Creating a bitarray of "visited" verts is a way round this.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
MorzzE
portfolio
MorzE MorzE
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk
you have to be quite careful sometimes, depending on what you are doing, because going by face means you can visit (and effect) the same verts repeatedly . Creating a bitarray of "visited" verts is a way round this.

I need that repetition

Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread