Wegg, sweet, thanks for the tip.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #32
Nemoid
This IS a cow

Nemoid
Illustrator, Comic book artist, Storyteller
Italy

sorry for really silly question.
does its possible to tweak colors of interface ? and how?

Old 04-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #33
timnhe
Veteran

portfolio
Agustín Quintanilla
Multimedia dessigner / Animator
Madrid, España

Interface colors

Hi Nemoid, yes is possible change the colors of the interface, there are 3 color schemes but i dn´t know if is possible to create your custom colors.

To change this schemes, right click on the customize tab, select GUI Stile and you can see the predefined schemes

TIMNHE

Old 04-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #34
Nemoid
This IS a cow

Nemoid
Illustrator, Comic book artist, Storyteller
Italy

That's great !thanx for your help.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:25 AM   #35
Joscci
Filmmaker

J. Santos
Independent Filmmaker
Alpha%2BPrime, United%2BStates

Exclamation 'Repeat' and 'Time' Parameters in Compose 2.x

New users to messiah normally run into a brick wall (myself included... though I'm not 'new' to messiah) when attempting to understand the 'Repeat' and 'Time' parameters found in the Compose Mode/Tab in messiah when working with Clip Instances, and unfortunately, the documentation doesn't provide much clarity to their use.

In either case, the good folks at pmG have been kind enough to explain and clarify their use, and I thought it'd be a good idea to share this information with others whom are likely to be initially confused by these parameters.

Anyways, here we go...

Repeating Clips in Messiah

There are two ways to repeat a clip instance:

1) If you RMB-drag on the red corner of the clip instance present in a track, this will cause the clip to repeat. You'll notice that as you do this, the 'Repeat' parameter will increase in value. Note, however, that if instead you chose to enter the value directly into the Repeat parameter, nothing's going to happen (this is where a lot of users run into trouble). Though you'll see a visual representation of the repeat points on the clip instance itself, no actual repeating will occur. Therefore, DO NOT mess with the 'Repeat' parameter directly, instead, you MUST RMB-drag the clip out for repetition to happen. As a result, the clip itself will be longer, and if you need the repetition to occupy the space of the original clip (before you expanded it), simply LMB-drag (again... LMB-drag!) the red corner of the clip instance and adjust as required.

Thus, RMB-dragging adds repetition to the clip instance, while LMB-dragging simply makes the clip longer (plays slower) or shorter (plays faster) -- no repetition will be added. Obviously, for a clip to repeat twice, you must RMB-drag out the clip instance until it reaches a size that is twice of the original, and if three times, then RMB-drag until it reaches a size 3 times the original, etc. Thus if you have a 30-frame clip instance, RMB-drag until you reach 60 frames, etc. And if you need the repetition to occur within the original 30-frame span, simply LMB-drag back down from 60 frames to 30 frames, etc.

2) The second method uses the 'Time' parameter, and it allows you to control repetition over time. The documentation mentions a 'reverse' option, but there is no 'reverse' option... the 'Time' parameter itself works as the reverse option. Use of the 'Time' function parameter requires that you create keys over the duration of the clip instance. For example, say that you have a clip instance applied to an object. You then create two keys, one at frame 0, and another one at frame 60. On frame 0 (keyframe 1), you set 'Time'=0.0, and on frame 60 (keyframe 2) you set 'Time'=1.0. This means that the clip instance will only play once. If you set the 'Time' @ frame 0 (keyframe 1) = 0.0 and 'Time' @ frame 60 (keyframe 2) = 2.0, then the clip instance will play twice. All you have to do is think of the Mathematical 'deltas' between keys, regardless of frame. So, say, if you have 3 keyframes with Time settings of 0.0, 3.0, 2.0, respectively, their respective deltas are 3 - 0 = 3 (play 3 times), and 2 - 3 = -1 (play once backwards). Thus, a 'delta' must exist between 'Time' parameters among each consecutive adjacent keyframes for repetition to occur in a forward fashion (positive 'Time' delta), or backward fashion (negative 'Time' delta).

Use of the 'Repeat' parameter by RMB-dragging is the straight forward way of repeating a clip instance since only RMB-dragging is required and no keyframes need be created. However, when repeating a clip by this method, each repetition will be equal in frame-span. Thus, if you want to repeat a 20-frame clip instance 3 times, you'll end up with a 60-frame clip instance (each repetition spanning 20-frames in size).

With the 'Time' parameter, you do not have this restriction, and no RMB-dragging is required, and because you can create keys anywhere within the clip instance, each repetition does not have to be equal in frame size.

So if you have, say a 60-frame clip instance, and create a keys at frames 0, 10, 50, and 60, and have their corresponding 'Time' parameters for each key set at 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, the clip will repeat 4 times, but this time, at varying speeds. Frames 0-10 and 50-60 will play at equal, yet faster speed, while frame-rage 10-50 will repeat at a slower pace. Thus, use of the 'Time' parameter affords you more flexibility because not only you have control of repetitions, but also time -- hence, 'Time'.

Anyways, I hope this helps the newcomers, and the not so newcomers whom have continued to be confused by their use.

Cheers.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #36
chikega
necrotizing fasciitis
Gary E. Chike
Medical Illustrator
Georgia Regents University
USA

Send a message via Yahoo to chikega
Just found this out and I believe it's not documented:

Most people know that you can zoom in the viewport by drawing a box using Alt + middle mouse button. But the cool thing is when draw the box, it will zoom out or in depending whether you draw the box from left to right or vice versa:

Alt + Middle Mouse: Draw box left to right: Zoom In
Alt + MIddle Mouse: Draw box right to left: Zoom Out

This is a really quick way to frame in or to zoom out quickly.

Last edited by chikega : 07-01-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #37
lanosrep1
Frequenter
gary devore
Thousand Oaks, USA

Any word on your tools for Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4D
only got into to it this weekso give me alittle time ,... this is very cool software tho

I'm sure I'll get around to doing something in it,
Cause i know I'll be speading alot of time with this UI infront of me

Just curious.. saw this post.. You still intend to port your tools to Messiah?

Old 07-02-2006, 03:42 AM   #38
T4D
mE spiLl & tyPe baD>

portfolio
Peter Thomas
3D Artist - Currently Hired Long Term -
Thomas4d Creations
United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Just curious.. saw this post.. You still intend to port your tools to Messiah?

well in Lightwave I build workflow that would build rigs FAST that meant writing a plugin
even then seeing i set a standard of NO third party plugin attach the finished rig i could only go so far.

in messiah you can reuses the same rig over and over and just edit to suit in the rig room
SO for my workflow in Messiah I have afew rigs that i uses and just keep reusing
NOW this doesn't mean they will be no T4D rigging tool for Messiah
It just means it may turn into T4D Rigging Helpers ( or something )

Basic Idea is having 2 Human Full muscle bone rigs ( with all Muscles and BONES !! )
( using one Daz character High Polygon, one custom character model Nice sub-D model )
and 2 or 3 toon rigs with all the trimmings & quad dog rig
plus heaps of tutorials video files to explain in detail how to use and edit everything to suit what you may need in your characters.

I'm building This in Messiah and XSI at the moment building workflow around what each package has to offer

This is the sub-D character shown. render is in XSI ( just cause that's what I'm sitting in front of right now )
But I must add I'm having alot more fun setting this up in messiah
and there will be Displacement maps for the Final Muscle texture layer
and aslider to blend the Skin and the muscle image maps

Old 10-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
Nichod
Man who rarely sleeps.

Brian Hinton
USA

Send a message via AIM to Nichod Send a message via Yahoo to Nichod
If you are having problems with text being unreadable in messiah I recommed right clicking on the custom tab and selecting the fixed text option.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #40
dobermunk
dobermunk

portfolio
david maas
cg direction, concept, models & design
Ludwigsburg / Berlin, Germany

MorphBlender as used with Bone Deform or Flex

After once again stumbling over the do's and don'ts of using MorphBlender and (ahem) in lieu of it being entered into the documentation, I thought I'd post this scene that I put together.
In it, you can see the effect order and settings necessary to get things plying together...

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this working.

drip.de

Old 01-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #41
fwtep
--------

Undo/Redo mouse buttons

I have a mouse with two thumb buttons (a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer) and its software (Intellipoint) lets me set specific functions for any software. I set the rear thumb button (closest to the base of the thumb) to Undo, and the front one (closer to the tip) to Redo. This lets me work extremely fast and experiment freely without having to worry about screwing something up. I have messiah set to Auto Key Create, so having such a quick and easy Undo is wonderful. Try it!

Fred

Last edited by fwtep : 01-13-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #42
kursad_pileksuz
çok oturgaçli götürgeç

kursad
USA

selection tip

Generally if you try to select objects that are sitting under the edit sphere, selection becomes an issue, most likely you wont be able to select what you are trying to select. The way i do t in these kinds of situations is that , i press "esc" key(it hides edit sphere), i select what i want and press "esc" again key to bring edit sphere back.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #43
KAMAKAZZI
Messiah Brigade

portfolio
3 Dementia
Animator/Modeler/Concept Artist
Austin, USA

Tip when animating and creating keys

When animating, make sure you input on your channel edit to "M" on your world view screen.

Any other channel edit option may result into something you dislike if you dont know what you are doing. When attempting to delete a keyframe that has the channel edit set to anything other than the motion channels, it might result into a mess where you think you are deleting the motion on your keys but you really are not and just making more of a mess on your geometry and rig.

You can select a range of keys when you expand your DopeSheet/DopeSheet Master, from there you can select "key" on your Edit panel on Dopesheet then right click on the delete button to wipe out the entire keys instead of its channels.

Another tip, you can multi select bones and select your "Modify mutli-select" button (the cursive "e") in the world view next to the Channel Edit button and animate your multiselected items simultaneously.

Cypher

-----Having Messiah and your initial 3D software is kinda like cocaine and pancakes-----

Last edited by KAMAKAZZI : 01-20-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #44
KAMAKAZZI
Messiah Brigade

portfolio
3 Dementia
Animator/Modeler/Concept Artist
Austin, USA

Short cut keys for Views in Worldspace

Hi all,

In perspective mode in the World View, you can hold alt + ctrl + Left or Right click + drag left or right and you can pan in your perspective view.

Also in perspective view, you can hold alt + shift + left or right click + drag up or down and you can zoom in and out on your selected item when you press "a" to center your selection.

Also, while you center your selection in perspective view, you can also press alt + LMB (left mouse button) + drag to rotate view in Pitch and Heading.

Alt + RMB (right mouse button) + drag will rotate bank in your view in perspective.

I hope that helps with navigating better in perspective view for those tideous tweaking stages after you worked in the front, back, and side views.

Of course you dont necessarily have to be in perspective view to utilize these shortcut key functions, you can apply these shortcuts in any view in World View. I just mostly use those key shortcuts in perspective view. Happy Animating!

Cypher

Last edited by KAMAKAZZI : 01-19-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #45
stooch
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Dimitri Loginowski
VFX Artist + Designer
Handsome, LLC
Beverly Hills, USA

Send a message via AIM to stooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursad_pileksuz
Generally if you try to select objects that are sitting under the edit sphere, selection becomes an issue, most likely you wont be able to select what you are trying to select. The way i do t in these kinds of situations is that , i press "esc" key(it hides edit sphere), i select what i want and press "esc" again key to bring edit sphere back.

or you could always middle click right through the edit sphere.

reply share thread