Modeling Critiques

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2011   #16
Update, modeling done

Old 02 February 2011   #17
Very nice modelling here. It's a production worthy asset.

Old 02 February 2011   #18
Here is a night render of the Pink palace, hope you like it

Last edited by morder : 02 February 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Old 02 February 2011   #19
Great

What can I say? This is just perfect !
Long ago I was used to work with a drill exactly like that one. Well it is an exact replica, very impressing. However, the real one had a bigger base plate. Those motors are very heavy, so it seems that the basement is not wide enough as real ones. ( You know to keep the equilibrium while drilling ) May be yours is copied from a lightweight model?

Anyways great job Mister.

Old 02 February 2011   #20
Yes you are right, my drill press is the table version one (smaller one) that's why the base plate is smaller.

Old 02 February 2011   #21
That Pink palace is awesome work Morder

Old 02 February 2011   #22
thanks hr0nic

Old 02 February 2011   #23
wowwww very perfect i love this realy very much
all these modeling,texturing,lighting and rendering were done in blender 2.5 ?
best wishes

Old 02 February 2011   #24
thanks sarwat

Well, the scene was made in Blender 2.55 Beta. All scene was made from scratch (house, trees etc...).
After a finished modeling part, I turn to texturing a scene, by applying a simple materials that was a liutlle bit corrected in Photoshop, just to give that randomness to the textures. For the lighting I used one spot light for the basic moon light (since it's a night scene), on every little light along the stairs of the house, I used a point yellow light with a sphere function turn on, so I can control where the light will start and end to emit. And also in the front of the house (at the entrance ) added a one point yellow light with sphere turn on.
At the right of the side of the house I add one point light with a blue color and also a sphere function turn on (you can see the blue light on the right side of the house) that simulates a sky color. And at the end I render it in four passes:

1. Complete scene
2. Shadows pass
3. Lights along the stairs
4. Background sky

After that (when I had those four passes) I do a little bit composite inside a Photoshop (I could use a composite in blender also but I decide to do it this way). On the complete scene pass I added some corrections to the image (levels, color balance etc...). On a lights along the stairs pass I added a glow effect. Shadows pass, I used to give a much darker look to the shadows overall. For the background I do a little bit of matte painting, by darkening even more a background, just to define where is dark part of the background and where is a light one (it depends on a lights position that I previously defined in Blender).

And that's about it for this image, I hope I didn't miss anything to explain along the way

Last edited by morder : 02 February 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #25
Hello guys just to inform you Pink Palace image has won a Winter Contest - Amazing Architecture

See link below:

http://www.yafaray.org/

Old 03 March 2011   #26
Cool beans - well deserved!

Old 03 March 2011   #27
Hello guys here is a old truck model that I currently finished. I planned to add something in a way. But this is progress so far, hope you like it

Old 04 April 2011   #28
Hello guys

Here is my second finished scenes - Wood interior shop. Scene contain one sun light + AO, I know that lighting is not on higher level, but yea I'm still learning
Also I have been added something to the scene to make it more complete. I hope you like it

Last edited by morder : 07 July 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #29
I think the wood grains (walls and ceilings) need to be more subtle and the blue plastics and metals are competing to hard.

Old 04 April 2011   #30
Originally Posted by morder: Here is a night render of the Pink palace, hope you like it

My Goodness, that was rendered with Yafaray? And you won? ... WOW!
Congratulations: http://www.yafaray.org/node/458. Okay, I found this news looking for the latest blender 2.5x yafaray exporter. Where did you get yours?

Thread Closed share thread