Reference / Background image not displaying (2.71)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2014
Question Reference / Background image not displaying (2.71)

EDIT: Got it to work somehow....image is now displaying. Only diffirence I can see is the source path from C:\... to //..\.\.....
But I didnt move the image location. I've got a central location for reference images.

Hi, I'm sure this is noob question and most of you will sigh and shake your head. So forgive my noobness.

I'm new to blender, used maya before and this is really frustrating. I'm using Blender 2.71 and trying to add a background image I want to use for a tutorial. I've tried other images just make sure its not the image that corrupt or other image types. (PNG vs JPG. Image type is PNG from CG Cookie tuts.)

When I add the image, I switch my viewpoint to FRONT and also the axis on which it is displayed. I've tried to zoom out, in, diff viewpoints.

I've also googled and watched countless youtube vids, to the point where I'm now about to give up...

Please see attached image to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Now it works...

Last edited by VirtualImage : 07 July 2014 at 05:45 AM.

07 July 2014
You need to be on one of the fixed ortho views, or the camera view. They don't work in user ortho or any of the perspective views (except camera). You may want to consider using an image empty instead, it's easier in a lot of cases. (hit add object > empty > image)

reply share thread