"joining"? why? how to seperate??

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
"joining"? why? how to seperate??

hi, been trying to model some stuff in blender lately, so i was working on this "portal" (stargate thingy) and then when i had done the circle and the triangles i saved it, went to bed, and tried to model some more the triangles and the circle had joined, and i didn't know how to seperate them, i went and looked in the tree thingy and saw that the triangles was one, and the circle was one, but when i tried to do something to any of them(material, scale etc) they where both affected.... can anyone help me?

my guesses is that i probably got to seperate them by name and then select them by that or something... but i don't know.... HEEELP!!!

-thondal-
Lollipop Fish (3D)
The Greedy Fish (3D)

02 February 2006
I don't know that I understood you clearly,but I'm think that you should select all vertices of one object in edit mode,then press "P" and hit separate.After that,they'll be two objects.

02 February 2006
you can press L to select the individual elements.

02 February 2006
Probably used alt_d when you made a copy of an object.... when you do that, andy change you make to the original object will carry over to the duplicated object.

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread