General Discussion - comments not relating to individual tasks

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2003   #16
JIII - I don't think anyone has come forward to say that they'd do textures, but there are some that are capable of doing textures themselves. I'd have to search the original thread to find out for sure.

Wherever possible you should weld the objects together to make it easier to select items when animating them. For example, if we decided to animate Poco's truck we want to be able to select the truck and not a windshield or mirror.

Bad example, but you get the point.

Poco - You should name them something. If you leave it as it's default PolyCube (or whatever it is) we'll have hundreds of them when we start assembling the scenes. It may become a problem.

I suggest an abbreviated name of the object followed by a classification (i.e. A1_rightarm for Alien1's right arm). Something like that. Whatever makes sense to you and our animators.

Old 03 March 2003   #17
Kirt:

Id like to help out, not to sure if Im late getting in on some of the action, if all the modeling jobs are taken, can you let me know and if I can join in what would you like me to get started on?
Thanks

Old 03 March 2003   #18
Despite several people showing interest in our hero, no one has started working on him yet. If you'd like to model him I'd be very happy to see some progress being done. Thanks for your help ckpew99!

Old 03 March 2003   #19
I got a question about Kirts PLE version. I understand you might have upgrade by the time the project is complete and all, but im wondering on PLEs limitations. IE- can we have simle nurbs objects like eyes and hair? Also does PLE support spline curves for the rig? What about dynamics and paint FX. I guess I could also post this type of question in the Maya forum.

Oh yea, if the ALien#1 is 9 cm high than im gonna make baby 5 cm coz thats what the scale looks like, unless you say otherwise. Coz once he is rigged i dont think it can be scaled without a ton of work and redoing expressions.

Old 03 March 2003   #20
deffinentely start working on the hero man. I am way to busy to actually do it, and the other guys who said they wanted it have pretty much disapered.

go for it man

Old 03 March 2003   #21
Yeah, it seems that several nodes aren't supported in Maya PLE.

But don't worry about it too much. I can preview probably 90% of the models and Ila (or others) can verify that the rest works. I'm shooting for the end of the year to have 4.5 so that'll leave us another year to fine tune and render scenes.

Old 03 March 2003   #22
Kirt that brings me to the question, since only a handfull of us here on the board have Maya (not including me) how could the other help in rendering? duz Maya have a rendering node or somthing? because ive got a pretty powerfull dedicated computer for CG and i would be more than happy to render out the scenes! I will do some research on this topic.

Old 03 March 2003   #23
hey gang im still working on the cow model but ive been very busy with other stuff ... i asume u can all relate
ive noticed the updates around the place and u guys are going great

Old 03 March 2003   #24
I'm still waiting for a place to drop off the .obj of Jellyfish... so if anybody would care to give me the where and how..

mainly because Kirt hasent replied to my PM yet and i'm getting ready for a format, and dont want risq loosing the model.. since formats always go bad for me ...

Old 03 March 2003   #25
Ya well they all go to Kirt and if he hasn't replied to your emails yet, i guess its cuz he's trying to finish stuff (mainly sketches im guessing) stuff we all need! lol. I guess just keep it for now.

Old 03 March 2003   #26
unLevel has set up a space on the web where we can upload files. If you didn't get a PM from him with the info it's probably because you haven't added your info to the credits post yet (I told unLevel to send it to everyone listed there).

Sorry for the misunderstandings ... I'm not deliberately ignoring anyone. I just have to prioritize some things if I want to get anything done.

Contact unLevel for the URL and password needed for ftp.

Old 03 March 2003   #27
Okay.. i just didn't want to add myself to the credits until you got the model.. hehe.. just a mistcommunication gonna add myself now

Old 04 April 2003   #28
is it just me or does kirts new avatar rock?

Old 04 April 2003   #29
hah, i noticed it a while ago too, its awesome. Make u wanna sit there and just look at it.

Old 04 April 2003   #30
Those comments aren't going to make much sense after April when I change my avatar again. So, here it is for your extended viewing pleasure ...

It's mind control. Repeat after me ...

I love CgTalk! I love CgTalk!

Heheheheh

reply share thread