MEL - Maya UI Building

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2004
ScriptEditor;

05 May 2004
As far as I understand the matter till now, ScriptEditor; is a script that does this:

showWindow $gCommandWindow;

Now I would like to write a Script to close the ScriptEditor. How can I deal with this in MEL? Any suggestions?

06 June 2004
You cannot use "deleteUI $gCommandWindow" for that particular case. But you can use this:
window -edit -vis 0 $gCommandWindow;

06 June 2004
Smile

Quote: Originally posted by takashiuan
As far as I understand the matter till now, ScriptEditor; is a script that does this:

Now I would like to write a Script to close the ScriptEditor. How can I deal with this in MEL? Any suggestions?

try this.....

//toggle the script editor

{

string $scriptWin = $gCommandWindow;

int $scriptTog = `window -q -vis $gCommandWindow`;

if ($scriptTog == 1)

window -edit -vis 0 $scriptWin;
else

};

//get the last panel that had focus

string $returnPanel = `getPanel -wf`;
setFocus $returnPanel;

06 June 2004
Hey guys,

I am attempting, with much frustration, to just put an image as the background of a UI window for the purpose of creating a custom character rigging tool. I am using OSX and as far as I know you can use .bmp, .xpm or .iff for the image. When I use the command image -i path file name , the window comes up, but doesn't display the image or an error. This is what I have thus far:

window -ra;
window -widthHeight 450 530 -title "Goblin Control" gobWin;
formLayout;

image -vis 1 -image "/Volumes/Storage/Projects/MEL_CharacterUI/GoboUI_background.xpm";

showWindow;

06 June 2004
Hey everyone,

I just have a question that nobody seems to know how to answer, so maybe you could help...

I am building a Maya UI, and I need to include a timeline for the user to scroll through... ok no problem...

BUT, it also needs to be able to show the keys...of selected objects and I CAN NOT for the LIFE of me, figure out how to get this to work

I used modelPanel and a timePort widget. I've tried using the timeControl function to edit the timePort in my UI and i get an error saying that a time Control already exists.

Any help will be great!.. thanks if nobody knows, maybe you could refer me to a ... book, online source, or person that is knowledgable enough to help me? This is so important that I get this working and I've been pulling my hair out for over a week now.

06 June 2004
Question MJ PolyTools

hi guys,, im trying to use the MJ Poly Tools in maya 6 but the script doesnt run..do you know if it doesnt support maya 6 ?? but at the same time it works on maya 5 even though it says its for maya 4 ???

thanks

07 July 2004
maya window

[QUOTE=jedijrmax]Hey everyone,

I am building a Maya UI, and I need to include a timeline for the user to scroll through... ok no problem...

BUT, it also needs to be able to show the keys...of selected objects and I CAN NOT for the LIFE of me, figure out how to get this to work

QUOTE]

Here is how i get it to work with a row layout.. basic

rowLayout -nc 3 -ad3 3 -cw3 118 115 791 -cat 3 "left" 10;
symbolButton -i "C:\\images\\kbnimages\\knkey.bmp"
-c " setKeyframe (up to ?)"; // you set it up
symbolCheckBox
-ofi "C:\\images\\kbnimages\\knkey.bmp" // i made my own images
-oni "C:\\images\\kbnimages\\knkey.bmp" // i made my own images
-onCommand " setKeyframe (up to ?)";
symbolCheckBox
-ofi "C:\\images\\kbnimages\\knplay.bmp" // i made my own images
-oni "C:\\images\\kbnimages\\knstop.bmp" // i made my own images

-onCommand "play -forward true" -offCommand "play -state off";
timePort;
setParent..;

But you can use maya images if you like, but when i'm making a gui. I like to have 13 pieces of flare.........

Last edited by zeroeefx : 07 July 2004 at 09:29 AM.

09 September 2004
Here's some kind of problem I've beed fighting for a while.
For example I want to add some menu items to one of maya's menus( Polygons for instance).
I can use the set parent command or -p flag to parent my item to needed menu. I't seem's to work ok while I'm adding the item after maya have already started, but once I add it to user setup to add the menu item every time maya starts it kills the whole menu, leaving only my item, which I intended to add.
Is there something I'm missing?

09 September 2004
Mr Hawk, the best way to go about adding menu items to maya's current menu lists, is to copy the menu list from the Alias/maya6.0/scripts/startup (or /others) directory, and copy them into your local scripts directory, and just modify the contents.

09 September 2004
"but once I add it to user setup to add the menu item every time maya starts it kills the whole menu, leaving only my item, which I intended to add.
Is there something I'm missing?"
Are you using the -edit flag, if not that could be a reason the menu gets replaced.
just a thought
b

09 September 2004
hey

here is one i have done hope it helps..

--Ken

Last edited by zeroeefx : 09 September 2004 at 07:43 PM.

09 September 2004
Question UI dock into Maya main panle

I''ve custom UI and I want to dock into Maya main panle.
I'm getting hard time from panle commands related to my request
if you figured it out... spread the word

09 September 2004
look up one sorry my link was crap....

11 November 2004
GUI Builder

I've put together a mel script that works as an editor for user interfaces. It has over 32 controls in it and 8 layouts as well. I wasn't sure if this would be the best place to post this but I've found this script really sped up manufacturing UI. I'd love to get some feed back on this script and see how you guys like it.

http://www.3dsetup.com/scripts/guiBuilder.mel

Yours truly,
Michael Clavan
www.3dsetup.com
mc@3dsetup.com

reply share thread