CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Programming
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
running a script on startup

hello there !

i'd like to create a script which could be runned when maya is launched.
Actually, we're working on a production with other guys, and i'd like to be able to send some messages on others computers. For example, i want that next time the animator will launch his maya, a confirmDialog is displayed and tell him "the rig of the main character has been updated !"
I found the scriptJob command, i can do that with this command as long as maya is launched, but if i close/reopen maya, it doesn't work anymore. Maybe i missed a flag with scriptJob, or maybe i just can't do that with it.
Doesn anybody know a way to do what i need ?
Thank you =)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
what the ?!?!
Benjamin Fox
Seat 43
You could create a script node in your rig. This can be set to run every time a scene is opened. I think you wanted to run an existing command that checks if the rig is the current I don't see why you couldn't just add this node to the rig file to keep things organized. Check out script nodes...different from script jobs.
Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
thank you for answering ! it looks very useful, indeed!
i tried it, just some issues with synthax, but i'll have a look deeply in a while !
however, this could be nice if the animator tries to open the rig file. But let's say he's supposed to work on other shots, as long as i don't update the rig. He'll never open the rig file and then see that it has been updated. What if i want the popup window to be opened, whatever the scene he opens ?

edit> i finally found a way ! This is out of maya, so i don't know if it's the right place for this topic ^^ Actually, the only thing i have to do is loading the script i want with the !
But now, my problem is to find a way for reading the script only once ! Maybe by modifying a line in the script, but i don't know how to do that..

Last edited by fruityvince : 03-23-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: adding precisions
Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread