Isolate select script -problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Isolate select script -problem

string $panel = `getPanel -withFocus`;
int $panelStatus = `modelEditor -q -viewSelected $panel`;
if ( $panelStatus == 0 ) {
enableIsolateSelect $panel 1;
isolateSelect -state 1 $panel;
isoSelectAutoAddNewObjs $panel 1;
} else {
enableIsolateSelect $panel 0;
isolateSelect -state 0 $panel;
}

...is my isolate select -script. I did not write it so I don't know if there's a better way of constructing it, but it is working as intended except for one thing:

I have another script - a fullscreen script - that toggles setMainMenubarVisible on/off, and everytime it's set to 1, the isolate script does not work. Why?

10 October 2012
without seeing your script, its hard to say... maybe the panel changes? maybe the panel loses focus?

10 October 2012
Fullscreen script:
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Tool Box";
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Attribute Editor";
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Channel Box";
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Layer Editor";
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Help Line";
toggleUIComponentVisibility "Command Line";
setUIComponentVisibility "Range Slider" 0;
setUIComponentVisibility "Time Slider" 0;
setUIComponentVisibility "Status Line" 0;

channelsLayersPrefChange false;

if (`optionVar -q allowMenusInPanels`) {toggleMenuBarsInAllPanels 0;} else {toggleMenuBarsInAllPanels 1;}
if (`optionVar -q mainWindowMenubarVis`) {setMainMenubarVisible 0;} else {setMainMenubarVisible 1;}
if (`optionVar -q collapseIconBarsInPanels`) {toggleModelEditorBarsInAllPanels 0;} else {toggleModelEditorBarsInAllPanels 1;}

10 October 2012
I've localized the problem to the following:
if (`optionVar -q mainWindowMenubarVis`)
{
	setMainMenubarVisible 0;
} else {
	setMainMenubarVisible 1;
}

It turns off the visibility for the main menu bar - which I want hidden in fullscreen mode.
But a side effect (or bug) is that it also makes Maya believe there is no active view.
My isolate select script is dependant on an active view, and when none is there it simply stops working.

10 October 2012
Maya has a built-in hotkey for hiding all off the UI....maybe that will work in combination with your isolate select script?

check out "toggleMainWindowComponents"

10 October 2012
Yes I already know of that command and I have a perfectly good reason for not using it and that reason is that it hides everything, really everything... and that's not what I want.
I have the tool settings window on another screen and I want it to be there even in fullscreen mode. toggleMainWindowComponents however hides it, and upon running the toggle again moves the tool settings window to it's original position (where it's not torn off!!).

So yea that's why I made this fullscreen script - to get better control...

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread