|05 May 2010||#47|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bouncing Ball Rig, With tail.
Id did it yesterday, a very simple rig.
Look here to download it:
|05 May 2010||#48|
Join Date: May 2010
I was wondering if anybody knows where an updated link for the excellent looking boy character on Page 3 is? I created an account and logged in like it says, but the site is wacky and doesn't work for me. Can I get the file from another site?
|07 July 2010||#50|
Join Date: Aug 2004
Dobby Is Free!!!
Here is a great model created by Julian Johnson-Mortimer (http://www.johnson-mortimer.co.uk/) , and a little rigging by me http://joel3d.com/
Download Dobby1.1 here.
Also on creativecrash.com
Please leave your comments here so we don't clutter the free rigs section.
Last edited by joel3d : 07 July 2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: New version
|04 April 2011||#51|
Lord of the Pingsportfolio
Johnny the box 2.0
Here's version 2.0 of Johnny the box. He's been made from scratch again, with more animator friendly controls now.
Demo of the rig in action
Download Johnny the box 2.0 here
Last edited by Ollarin : 04 April 2011 at 04:35 PM.
|06 June 2011||#53|
3d Artist and Compositor
Cape Town, South Africa
Automatic Rigging System
Funny this thread popped up now!
I have just finished my Automatic Rigging script, which will
RIG ANY 5 FINGERED BIPED FOR YOU.
please have a look and get back to me on what you think about it!
be aware that this script relies heavily on JasonSchleifer's Animation Friendly rigging scripts and the comet-cartoons scripts.
|08 August 2011||#54|
Raleigh, United States
New Free Character Rig!
This is my latest free character rig. Space Marine.
I've tried uploading it to creativecrash.com, but they've asked me to make a tutorial to discuss it's features before they'll host it. I'm in the process of making that tutorial, but here are the important notes:
1. It's low poly by default to better maintain realtime playback. Before rendering, select the geometry from the "Space Marine Geometry" layer and press the 3 key to smooth the mesh. Press the 1 key to return the mesh to low poly.
2. Arms and Legs possess IK FK Switch. The IK FK switch attributes a kept on a shape node that's instanced to all limb controllers, so select any controller to animate those attributes.
3. The shoulder guards automatically animate based on the animation of the shoulders. They have their own controllers including an attribute to turn the auto animation off or on.
4. I'm using a triple layer IK hand controller, so animators can control the pivot point of the IK hands.
5. The IK arms have an auto clavicle animation feature. An attribute to turn this off and on is included with the IK FK Switch attributes.
6. The IK hands can link to the World, a list of controllers, and a list of locators. The locators exist as proxy objects to be parented to other objects within an animation scene. The locators are at the scene origin.
7. All of the weapons have the same setup including the Uzi, Saw Sword, Grenades, and Grenade Pins. A main controller exists around each weapon's handle with parent switch attributes. Each weapons has individual world controllers. A controller exist with each hand for weapons and this controller's visibility is controlled from each arms IK FK Switch attributes. The grenades have waist controllers as well.
|09 September 2011||#55|
Sao Paulo, Brazil
rp_CameraRig for maya
Here is my contribution:
A dolly/crane/steady camera rig with lots of features!
|03 March 2012||#56|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Any interest in a rig like this?
In the 1st link below it shows the first stage of my new leg rigging technique. The knee doesn't pop and the leg doesn't need to stretch to make the calculations correct. The rig would also have an improved version of enhanced IK
No pop knee explanation video
Enhanced Ik rig
I am thinking about making a public release of a final rig so please leave me a comment if you have questions and like it if you think its a good idea. I was told that this approach might be better than making a demoreel but it will take time away from that.
Thanks in advance for your Comments and suggestions.
|06 June 2012||#58|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Wow, your stuff looks great. Can purchased rigs be used for commercial purposes? If so, you might want to clarify on your site.
Also, the text with your email is cutoff in my browser on:
If animation couldn't change the world, it wouldn't be such a Micky-Mouse place.
|reply share thread|