CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Character Setup
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

Weird result importing pose to make a animation

I have to make a animation and I have to join the poses files that is in .fbx format, but when I import the pose from the same model already posed to the T-posed model something weird happen.

This is the pose scene:

Look the fingers, the model is perfect posed:

This is the model that I have to add the poses and make the animation:

Now look what happened when I import the pose to him, the fingers and other parts get crazy:

What I might do?!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
gmask
Obfuscator

gmask
Power Sitting
Topanga, USA

I'd compare the skeleton to the one the model is skinned too and make sure that the joint orientations match.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmask
I'd compare the skeleton to the one the model is skinned too and make sure that the joint orientations match.

The skeleton have the same bones, joints etc, with the same names actually the model is the same but the diference is that one is textured and the other not, I have to add all the poses to the textured one, but waht you mean with joints orientations?!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

How can I make the orientations match?!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
gmask
Obfuscator

gmask
Power Sitting
Topanga, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prockt
How can I make the orientations match?!

It might be easier to transfer the skinned mesh to the skeleton in your FBX file.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

I don't think so, I have to join all the pose files to make a animation! :s I have 16 fbx files already posed and I have to join all the 16 files to one to make a full animation, all the animations that I have are in this way! :s And I have other problem with other animation file, but first I have to make this one work, any suggestion?!

Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
gmask
Obfuscator

gmask
Power Sitting
Topanga, USA

well another possible solution is import separately the animation skeleton and the bind skeleton and go to a negative keyframe.. put them both into the default pose and then constrain the bind to the animation and then bake the channels.

If you can't get them both into the same pose then the two skeletons are different in some way.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

I try this now but nothing woked!
Looks like the posed model was made already posed! O.o
I try too put the both model in one archive then I select all the posed model and coy the keyframe then seletc the other model and paste then the same thing happen like when I just import the animation into the file!
When I import the T pose to the posed file weird things happen 2!

I'll explain every thing more detailed:

The guys that make the animations pose made in in XNA Lara, the I pose the file in XNA Lara import to Blender the export as fbx to Maya! The original pose file have the extesion .pose the T pose is the custom pose I pose this T pode model and import to Blender etc them when I try to import the pose from one file to other this happen! :s

Don't have a script for it or something else?! Or something that I can do?!

And I want to say thank you very much for trying to help me!
It's good to know that good people still exist in this world!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #9
gmask
Obfuscator

gmask
Power Sitting
Topanga, USA

Sounds like you will have to manually lineup the two skeletons and then either transfer the skinned geo to the skeleton from the animation so that it'll match the other animation files. Or do the constraint thing I mentioned.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #10
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

Other thing that I forget to say is that if apply the 2nd pose into the already posed one, in this case the one from the picture above I still get weird results, what is constraint and what you mean with manually lineup?!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #11
gmask
Obfuscator

gmask
Power Sitting
Topanga, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prockt
what is constraint and what you mean with manually lineup?!

Well you have to get the bind skeleton into a pose that matches the skeleton that has the animation on it. It doesn't really matter which pose it is although it'd be helpful if it's a pose than is easily obtainable like the bind/default pose. Then you will need to manually rotate the joints of the other skeleton to match it as closely as you can. Once you have done that you can use animation constraints to force the skeleton with the model skinned to it follow the animation skeleton.

If you want to upload some files for me to check out I could take a look at them but probably not til monday.

Last edited by gmask : 06-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #12
Prockt
portfolio
Brazil

Oh, thank very much! I'll upload and post here I can't wait I just wanna make this thing right cuz I have other animation problem fix!

Edit:
Here it is:
File 01: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zbhk5v
File 02: http://www.sendspace.com/file/03sefj

The File 01 is the fbx model with textures, T-Pose etc...
The file 02 is the posed files, the .bfx, mesh.ascii (the model from XNALara to Blender that I convert to FBX) and the .pose file that is the pose archive to XNALara!

Ah, I want to know if is possible import this animation http://www.sendspace.com/file/t6xxmn to my character!

Last edited by Prockt : 06-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #13
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread