Animation BlendShape

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Animation BlendShape

Hi, I'm new in this Forum, and I would need help you.
I'm developing a game with unity, and I tried to use some utility like Brekel for tracking the facial expression.
I found a script to create a blendshape with my facial expression animation, so I have 3 "heads" animated that I connected like a simple blendshape.
Probably it's wrong, but is the only method pratical for me in this moment.
In Unity there isn't a problem, but in Maya I must create an animation with the same blendshape.

The question is, have someone tried to use blendshape (in Maya) that are already animated?

If I start the single blenshape it's Ok, but when I put the blendshapes in sequence I had a problem.
My problem is that when I put a keyframe to start my animated blendshape, the second blendshape that must start is blocked (like if it hadn't an animation). So, what's the problem?

I know that is quite strange, If you have a best solution let me know!
Thanks, Lara

03 March 2013
I think you have created a 2nd blendShape node, when what you really need is to add the 2nd target to the same blendShape node as the first. You can do this when you create the blendShape node by selecting all the targets first, and lastly the base mesh. Then you will have all the sliders on the same blendShape. Now when you key them, they will add together, so you will fade one in while the other fades out.

You can also add new targets to an existing blendShape node using the editDeformers|blendshape|add menu.

If you have an animated sequence of targets (maybe I misunderstand your question, but if you do) then you might want to use the inbetween option when you create blendshape node using the first method. This will give you just one slider and it will animate sequentially through all your target shapes.

David

03 March 2013
Fbx to Unity can do joint retargeting on body's for its built in ragdoll system, but not blendshapes on face animation.

Though,.. I did find this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kd6_lcs6o

The vid is a bit old now,. I need to update my Unity and see what the new features are.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread