enjoyMentalRayStringOptions, a UI to easely use MR string options

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2011   #46
Talking Thanks!!

That did it, thanks!

It's a shame Mi Car Paint Phenom doesn't work, I tried making car paint out of two mia mat x's but we can't make layered shaders either. And it doesn't acknowledge procedural textures yet. Alas...

Old 06 June 2011   #47
*Sigh* Yet another question: Work has blocked anyone from putting files into the Maya/Bin folder. As far as I'm aware we need to put 3 .dlls into it to activate Iray. Is there any other way I can activate Iray? I can add scripts into My Documents, but I can't do anything with Program Files.

Old 07 July 2011   #48
Someone can tell what is the workflow to use the sample per object option? I mean, after check the flag, where I change the min and max sample per object bases?

thanks

Old 07 July 2011   #49
In the meshShape/mentalray/AA Sampling override I suppose.

Old 07 July 2011   #50
Originally Posted by Dangertaz: Work has blocked anyone from putting files into the Maya/Bin folder. As far as I'm aware we need to put 3 .dlls into it to activate Iray.
You could try putting them in a folder of your own choosing then adding the folder to your MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH or add to the system PATH variable (which can be done in Maya.env). I've done this successfully with other plugins (but have not tried it with iray).

eg
MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH = u:\david\maya\2012-x64\plugins
PATH = U:\david\maya\mentalray-x64\lib;$PATH

David

Last edited by djx : 07 July 2011 at 12:51 AM.

Old 07 July 2011   #51
I just want to say thankyou for this script! The Native IBL in particular is such a good addition to Maya now.

I do find it best to add all the strings from one section of the script, whether I need all the attributes or not. Otherwise I've run into blank custom strings on my miDefaultOptions which can halt rendering, but I think you mentioned that as a ToDo to look at.

Maya, 3Delight, mentalray, Maxwell Render, ZBrush
Photoshop, Fusion, Vegas Pro, Syntheyes

Old 07 July 2011   #52
Hi all
I have a little problem with rendering my simple animation in iray mode.
I have a scene with a 2 beveled cube
1 of them is a poly objects(left) other is a assembly of left object.
if a start my batch render a have a double transformation of a assemble object in a 1 frame.

frame 1
frame 2
i used maya 2012 hf3 x64.

Old 07 July 2011   #53
Hello!
I have a problem when rendering mode "iray "
on the scene, we see two dice, left is an ordinary object
Right is left shifted assembly by One unit.
on the floor for the scale of the Checker texture.
So, run batch render to render 2 frames
frame1
1st frame proxy cube dual transformation raped ...
frame2
2nd frame the second frame block came into place miraculously
vooooot.
mrsa in the same scene rendered without these weird jumps.
This is a bug? settings or to get treatment?

Old 07 July 2011   #54
@Jozvex
The blank string problem shouldn't actually be a prob because there is default options on all string anyway.

Do you have a example of combinasion which make the render "halt" with maybe the message bug. Maybe the prob is elsewhere in the way I handle SO. :(

Old 09 September 2011   #55
Great script, thanks for it!

I have a suggestion though, think you could change your script so that when a person enables iRay and/or IPR, it sets these values also:
setAttr "defaultRenderGlobals.enableDefaultLight" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportParticles" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportParticleInstances" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportFluids" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportPostEffects" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.useLegacyShaders" 1;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportStateShader" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportMayaOptions" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportCustomColors" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportCustomData" 0;
  setAttr "mentalrayGlobals.exportCustomVectors" 0;

Especially the Export State Shader one. With these settings, the IPR won't crash when you change materials and move objects. And can force close the window without it crashing also.

Setting these options to that is also recommended by the dev's on the Mental Images forum.

Old 09 September 2011   #56
Hi Kakkoii and thanks for feedback.

This could be a good idea but this script was not attempted to be a workflow script and just deal with stringoptions.

I want it stay like that and don't change anything else than what it is suppose to change.

If you activate an option, it create this stringoption in mentalrayGlobals. An that all. It doesn't try to understand what you want to do. Once again, this is not a worflow script.

If the user remove some IP stringoptions, he can't open render settings anymore. But the question with this script is not to understand why the user did that but to allow him to do that.

I understand this is a prob and if this script was a workflow script I may be doing this.

Old 09 September 2011   #57
Originally Posted by Narann: Hi Kakkoii and thanks for feedback.

This could be a good idea but this script was not attempted to be a workflow script and just deal with stringoptions.

I want it stay like that and don't change anything else than what it is suppose to change.

If you activate an option, it create this stringoption in mentalrayGlobals. An that all. It doesn't try to understand what you want to do. Once again, this is not a worflow script.

If the user remove some IP stringoptions, he can't open render settings anymore. But the question with this script is not to understand why the user did that but to allow him to do that.

I understand this is a prob and if this script was a workflow script I may be doing this.

It doesn't really have anything to do with workflow though. These setting changes are something you're supposed to do for iRay to work with less issues. If you make a script that has options to enable iRay, then the script should do it in the best way possible.. Or else people have to then have further scripts just because this ones iRay implementation isn't 100% proper.

Source:
http://forum.mentalimages.com/showt...28086#post28086

But if you truly don't want to add it.. I guess I can just make one for iRay and post it on CC..

Old 09 September 2011   #58
Have anybody here problems with progressive rendering ans using IPR? When I use IPR I got a fatal error. In Maya 2012 Hotfix 3, Win7. IN 2011 it worked. Standard Scene. Only a sphere and lambert1.

Old 09 September 2011   #59
Originally Posted by Kakkoii: It doesn't really have anything to do with workflow though. These setting changes are something you're supposed to do for iRay to work with less issues.

Depending of the script architecture, I will try to add a little button which apply the setAttrs near the iRay activation. But don't be too impatient for it. (I have to find time )
Originally Posted by Kakkoii: If you make a script that has options to enable iRay, then the script should do it in the best way possible.. Or else people have to then have further scripts just because this ones iRay implementation isn't 100% proper.

Come on... -_- Thanks for the lesson but I know very well what my script is suppose to do... And it did not "implement" anything.
As I said above, this script has been coded to deal with string options (removing, adding, modifying), nothing more. Adding some parameters depending of the context you use it is not something this script has been code for.
Originally Posted by Kakkoii: But if you truly don't want to add it.. I guess I can just make one for iRay and post it on CC..

Don't hesitate to get my code and adapt to your work and, even better, share it again.

@JayHoo:
Maybe you should read Kakkoii posts.

Old 09 September 2011   #60
I have seen his post with the mel codes but nothing is rendered when I disable "Export StateShader".

Thread Closed share thread