enjoyMentalRayStringOptions, a UI to easely use MR string options

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #31
The UI look pretty well
mental ray 3.9 shipped with Maya 2012 still beta and I think it's a bug or maybe Maya bug!
/Rachid

phenomena2008sp1.zip

Old 04 April 2011   #32
Originally Posted by Narann: In the same way, I have the impression that "finalgather legacy" option doesn't work too...

To be sure it works you can render a scene without it. At the end of the FG precompute phase you will see:

RCMP 0.3 info : wallclock 0:00:00.17 for building the BVH for map 0 
RCMP 0.3 info : allocated 132 MB, max resident 143 MB

With "finalgather legacy" on You will not get that message, it will not use the RCMP module at all.

*Testing your current script works fine for that. :-) Good work!

Last edited by Bitter : 04 April 2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Test result

Old 04 April 2011   #33
Originally Posted by Bitter: Hmm, interesting, in my discussions with mental images I was told that wasn't the case.

Bart also mentions it in several places, mi forum

i guess Bart misundertood the problem, i'm pretty sure about this, i've also tested it in 2012 and i can confirm, using higher IP rays only change the final irradiance calculation, not the passes

Old 04 April 2011   #34
Can anyone explain this Final Gather passes fetaure?
As I understood it should do Final Gather calculation progressively, so you see faster first pass, than over that second pass ...
I do not notice this when I activate it using this script, but again, I am maybe using it wrong.

Old 04 April 2011   #35
Originally Posted by SreckoM: Can anyone explain this Final Gather passes fetaure?
As I understood it should do Final Gather calculation progressively, so you see faster first pass, than over that second pass ...
I do not notice this when I activate it using this script, but again, I am maybe using it wrong.

FG passes don't seems to work on Maya 2012

Old 04 April 2011   #36
Oh, that is problem than

Thanks !

Old 04 April 2011   #37
This just works fro Maya 2012 Im guessing since is using new features from MR 3.9 right?

Old 04 April 2011   #38
Originally Posted by SePu: This just works fro Maya 2012 Im guessing since is using new features from MR 3.9 right?

My tool should work with any version of Maya you have.

But if you put some options your mental ray version doesn't support. Render should start, but without the specified feature (and maybe a warning in the verbose)

This tool doesn't check wich feature your current mental ray version can/can't use.

You have to do it yourself.

Old 04 April 2011   #39
Could someone please explain to me what the new IBL is? What is the difference compared to the IBL found in 2011 render settings? Is it something like activating the "emit light" feature in it? And how does it compare with sIBL?

Old 04 April 2011   #40
IBL, Look here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=87&t=956710

Old 05 May 2011   #41
Thank you !

Old 05 May 2011   #42
This is really cool Narann, although I've not tested it out, just looking through this thread.

On a side note:
I do have to say that it's getting quite confusing with so many little tools/tricks/scripts that are out there, even just on this very (awesome) forum.
I'd actually like to see a 'sticky' with quick links to them, I do try to save them myself but I didn't even see this thread when Narann started it.
So that's not negative AT ALL, just saying, it's hard to keep up

Old 06 June 2011   #43
When I activate Iray my renders are black! I'm using Mia X passes and Mi Car Paint Phen X Passes on Maya 2011 64bit. Progressive Rendering seems to work correctly. What the heck?

Old 06 June 2011   #44
Ok, I got Iray working (although it still likes to crash). Next question:

Iray stops before the noise is completely cleaned up. Rendering a simple sphere on a plane with phys sky, it completes the rendering after 13 seconds, but there is still noise. I've tried enabling Progressive Rendering and giving it a minimum limit of 120 seconds but it was ignored. I tried unified Sampling with the quality on 5 but that was ignored as well.

I've left the Iray options at the default, meaning that it will rendering an image at the highest possible quality until I tell it to stop (sounds similar to Maxwell) so it's not as if my settings are too low.

Has anyone one else had this happen?

Old 06 June 2011   #45
Originally Posted by Dangertaz: Ok, I got Iray working (although it still likes to crash). Next question:

Iray stops before the noise is completely cleaned up. Rendering a simple sphere on a plane with phys sky, it completes the rendering after 13 seconds, but there is still noise. I've tried enabling Progressive Rendering and giving it a minimum limit of 120 seconds but it was ignored. I tried unified Sampling with the quality on 5 but that was ignored as well.

I've left the Iray options at the default, meaning that it will rendering an image at the highest possible quality until I tell it to stop (sounds similar to Maxwell) so it's not as if my settings are too low.

Has anyone one else had this happen?

Have you tried changing the max samples on the progressive rendering? Unified sampling nor adaptive sampling affects iRay.

Thread Closed share thread