THE ULTIMATE MAYA AND MENTAL RAY ARCHVIZ GUIDE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2011   #31
wow! Fantastic stuff! Really fond of your work after reading your interview on cgchannel, your gw dvd is a real bomb, waiting patiently!

Old 02 February 2011   #32
Originally Posted by Lightweight: Regarding Maya 2012, which for all I know should be called "Maya 2012 - Doomsday Edition", do you/anyone know any release date? I couldn't manage to find anything about it during my search.

probably 20th December 2012...? lol!

waiting patiently for the release, so that i can bankrupt myself with it

Old 03 March 2011   #33
the FAQ says April 8th ....

Old 03 March 2011   #34
The ultimate archviz...

Any news?

There's nothing in the Gnomon website...

Old 03 March 2011   #35
Post Tutorial News...

Originally Posted by Tzadi: Any news?

There's nothing in the Gnomon website...

Tzadi beleive it or not I just completed all the minor adjustments requested me by Alex,
based on the suggestions of an advanced Maya and Mental Ray graduate from Gnomon.
Which tested throughout all the assets and docs included with the Tutorial...
After these last edits and additions now the Guide reached the (1011) pages mark...!
I also added a few extensive quotes from the Gnomon Master Classes 2011 Q&A session...
I will zip up the new assets and upload them on my web as soon as for Alex to download them.
In his last note he told me that after these minor adjustments, he will be ready to publish it...

Now it really depends on Gnomon since that the job is done and even if it costed me a lot
of time and efforts, I'm very satisfied with the result...!

I have enclosed a pic of the printed version done by the Gnomon graduate and note that at the time
the picture was taken almost 2 months ago, the Tutorial was not as huge as it is now...!

Ciao.
Alex

Last edited by withego : 03 March 2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: errata corrige...

Old 03 March 2011   #36
Good god man. That's hard-core. Can't wait to get a hold of it though!

"On ne sort pas DU REVE."

Old 03 March 2011   #37
Yikes!!

That is huge!! (that's what she said )

It will be one hell of a guide.

Looking forward to it. Hope it is not going to be too expensive.

Best,

Rich

Old 03 March 2011   #38
Originally Posted by withego: I have enclosed a pic of the printed version done by the Gnomon graduate and note that at the time
the picture was taken almost 2 months ago, the Tutorial was not as huge as it is now...!

Ciao.
Alex

For a second I thought it's a rendered picture from the tutorial

Old 03 March 2011   #39
Hi withego.

Thanks for the effort that you are putting in this project. This will be the best and only good guide for Maya. As I say, anyone can do nice renders using 3ds and Vray, but not everyone can do the same in Maya and mental Ray. I will be the first buying it.

Do you have any idea when we have this guide available?

Thanks

Old 03 March 2011   #40
Post Not sure yet...!

Originally Posted by cyrus3v: Hi withego.

Thanks for the effort that you are putting in this project. This will be the best and only good guide for Maya. As I say, anyone can do nice renders using 3ds and Vray, but not everyone can do the same in Maya and mental Ray. I will be the first buying it.

Do you have any idea when we have this guide available?

Thanks

You are welcome cyrus... no idea yet, waiting for a reply from Alex and yep hopefully this Guide will became a valuable learning resource used in conjunction to the Maya online docs, but only time will tell...!

Originally Posted by chuckie7413: Yikes!!

That is huge!! (that's what she said )

It will be one hell of a guide.

Looking forward to it. Hope it is not going to be too expensive.

Best,

Rich

Hi Rich nice to see ya back here... btw as I told you already during the Master Classes, I quoted you in the Guide...

It will be not be too expensive since that the main scope of this Tutorial is to help as much as possible, all the green users out there...

To avoid long years spent learning and debugging, the Maya and Mental Ray 3D applications…!

Originally Posted by Redsand1080: Good god man. That's hard-core. Can't wait to get a hold of it though!

Thanks Justin and talking about hard-core... to find the strength to go through all the assets once again to make the "minor" adjustments requested me by Alex, or should I call them "major" since that editing a complex piece of machinery like this where everything is so interconnected, it was really hard indeed...

I had to listen continuously to the "monster" riffs of one of the most underrated artist nowadays... Wes Borland the "Unicorn" of LB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuSqUDZqAc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsBMm50Djc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi4k1Qlt7Xc&feature=related

Cheers.
Alex

Last edited by withego : 03 March 2011 at 03:56 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #41
Originally Posted by withego:
I had to listen continuously to the "monster" riffs of one of my favorite artists (one of the most underrated artist nowadays btw...) the "Unicorn" Wes Borland of LB...

Not to get off topic...but Three Dollar Bill Ya'll was epic when it came out! Haven't thought about them in forever...I'll have to dig that cd back out. By the looks of that manual...I'll need my whole itunes library to make it through that thing!

"On ne sort pas DU REVE."

Old 03 March 2011   #42
By the way withego do you gonna talk about render passes and how to assembled them?

Thanks

Old 03 March 2011   #43
Post The Multi Render Passes feature...

Originally Posted by cyrus3v: By the way withego do you gonna talk about render passes and how to assembled them?

Thanks

Yep the Maya 2009/2011 Render Layers feature, as well as the Multi Render Passes and the Multi Render Passes Contribution Map features are discussed in depht...!

Ciao.
Alex

Last edited by withego : 03 March 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Old 03 March 2011   #44
Thanks withego.

Everyday I visit Gnomon Workshop site to see if are any news

Thanks,
Ciro

Old 04 April 2011   #45
Hi withego,

any news when this come out? I checked the coming soon page of the gnomoworkshop and nothing.

Thanks

reply share thread