THE ULTIMATE MAYA AND MENTAL RAY ARCHVIZ GUIDE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 12 December 2011   #166
Originally Posted by withego: You will find out that I provided 2 TOC "Table Of Contents", one at the bottom and one on the left hand side of the Acrobat pdf docs.

Ah great, thanks for the tip

p.s. Actually logged into my dummy FB acc and gave ya like. A well deserved ''like''

Old 12 December 2011   #167
amazing stuff here! so thanks for all the hardwork and effort..

but I was wondering if you ever plan to do a compressed version of this... I won't lie but I get quite confused and lost going through so many pages of this

Old 12 December 2011   #168
Cool Just a few of lines...

To inform you that I'm working my ass off for the very last time and this a promise, to provide you with an extremely comprehensive step by step "How To" pdf doc almost 80 pages long and is still not finished yet. It should be ready by tmwr morning but I cannot guarantee, since I'm planning to get completely wasted on New Years Eve. I took this last painful extra mile, to make sure that you will able to use the Guide’s assets effectively. But sadly now that I'm finally so close to accomplish my goal, I'm starting to get seriously sick and tired of seeing all these efforts almost wasted in the throne trying to help out people which just don't give a hoot. Maybe I will deliver this last asset or maybe I won't, anyway it doesn't matter to you correct guys? If you change your mind and finally feel to show me some respect, you know where to find me:

http://www.facebook.com/alex.sandri...#!/alex.sandri1

Enjoy the Party tmwr and wish you good luck for the 2012, since we will need loads of it.

Happy New Year.

Last edited by withego : 12 December 2011 at 11:49 AM.

Old 12 December 2011   #169
Hi there Thiego;

Please, my frined, try not to be rude because you think we don't appreciate at all your effort..., actually we do!, but, you know, here in spain, time has gone sad for everyone (the same in Italy) and the economy is quite awful and we are very busy working more hours per day receiving less money.... I don't have time to check all your work (which is huge), but I really appreciate it and I think newbies will be improving so much with it. If they realised that they couldn't be there without you, they will be entering this post and congratulate you for that. If they not..., well, don't pay attention to them, just that.

Of course, thank you for your effort again

"Don´t trust on affemeral things, only love will last..."

Visit my BLOG: 3djoie.blogspot.com

Old 12 December 2011   #170
Thumbs up

Hi Alex!
I'm following this thread and your work since a long time and really appreciate your effort and all you do for the community. I'm a strong believer in the theory that if you do something good it's coming back the one way or another. And I really hope that you'll get all the good and more back you did!
Hope you enjoy Silvester and I wish you a happy and successful year 2012!
Happy new Year to all,
Klaus

Old 12 December 2011   #171
Wink

Happy New Year 2012 guys...

Old 01 January 2012   #172
Originally Posted by withego: Happy New Year 2012 guys...

Hi Alex,

Well I finally finished download all you assets and I have an folder with 8.6GB That "How to" that you are writing is a great help, because this tutorial is huge

Don't be upset about the lack of feedback. I think that the problem is the dimension of this tutorial and maybe some may feel a little disoriented and that "How to" is going help and bring more feedback.

And I'm still saying that it was much much better if is possible to create an sub-forum or maybe another topic to discuss your techniques and share our results.

Old 01 January 2012   #173
Originally Posted by cyrus3v: And I'm still saying that it was much much better if is possible to create an sub-forum or maybe another topic to discuss your techniques and share our results.

AGREED!

Old 01 January 2012   #174
Originally Posted by joie: AGREED!

Seconded!

And yeah, happy holidays everyone!

Old 01 January 2012   #175
Originally Posted by StrayCat: Seconded!

And yeah, happy holidays everyone!

Who is the moderator responsible for this forum?

Old 01 January 2012   #176
Post The main Tutorial Guide, "HOW TO" pdf doc...

Originally Posted by cyrus3v: Who is the moderator responsible for this forum?
Actually I got the idea Ciro, guess are the (4) Forum Leaders listed at the bottom of the main Maya Rendering section: MikeRhone, twidup, bentllama, lildragon.

Following up with an aphorism often mentioned by a popular Italian comedian: "One word is less and two are way too much.", will try to keep this online rant as brief as possible...

Even if a bit late... As promised in a previous reply I just completed the extremely neat and comprehensive (133) pages long, main Tutorial Guide "HOW TO" pdf doc:

Link to the high rez version:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_1.jpg

And here is the link to download, the main "HOW TO" pdf doc:

http://www.samui3d.com/HOW TO.rar

I really couldn't summarize an almost (20) GB Guide in just a couple of pages, taking into account the (20) and "something" Maya 2012 production scenes...

Which are not included yet in the main "SPONZATUTORIAL" folder and guess I will release them later in 2012, considering the size and complexity of these assets.

Btw the main peculiarity of this "HOW TO" pdf doc, apart from describing in detail every single asset located in the main “SPONZATUTORIAL” folder and sub-folders:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_2.jpg

Using hyperlinks to the main Tutorial pdf docs and cross-references to other sections of the "HOW TO" pdf doc, as well as to the main thread here on CGTalk:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_3.jpg

Will also show you how to install the Mental Ray custom shaders and scripts, as well as to teach you how to use the main programs and utilities assets.

Like for example the "ProEXR" plug-in demo and the simpler version called "ProEXR EZ", required by both the Adobe Photoshop CS4 and After Effects 2D applications…

To open the "ProEXR", "Multichannel", "32.bit", "Open EXR" final render image files output by the Mental Ray render engine, when using the "Multi-Render Passes" workflow:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_8.jpg

As well as the "Free Trial" demo version of the "Stereoscopic Player" software by Peter Wimmer, located in the "StereoscopicPlayer166_en" sub-folder...

To view the "Stereoscopic" video clips (.avi) generated by the "playblast" animation feature, used in conjunction to the Maya 2011 "Stereoscopic Camera" node:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_4.jpg

In the Maya 2011 scenes located in the "Maya_Production_Scenes_Stereo_Camera_Motion_Path_2 011" sub-folder, created for the "Multi Stereo Rig" animation workflow...

Using the "Stereoscopic Camera", the standard "Camera", the "Camera and Aim" and "Camera, Aim and Up" nodes in conjunction to the "Aim", the "Parent" and the "Point" animation "Constraints".

As well as the Maya "pairBlend" node used in the Maya 2011 production scenes to create a complex "Fly Through", motion path camera animation:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_5.jpg

Discussed in the main "THE_FLY_THROUGH_STEREO_CAMERA_MOTION_PATH_ANIMATIO N_LINKS" pdf doc, using an ordered list of links to the online resources:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_6.jpg

Btw another peculiarity of the "HOW TO" pdf doc is that will point you, to the folders where these plug-ins should be placed on your drive:

http://www.samui3d.com/How_To_7.jpg

Considering that I did not emphasize the importance of these Maya 2011 assets during my online rants here on CGTalk, I took the chance to do it in the "HOW TO" pdf doc;

Since that these assets will introduce you to the various motion path camera animation workflows and techniques, as well as the Maya "Fluids" feature...

And the standard "Dynamics" and "nDynamics" features, further implemented in the outrageously huge and complex Maya 2012 production scenes.

Originally Posted by cyrus3v: Hi Alex, well I finally finished download all you assets and I have an folder with 8.6GB. That "How to" that you are writing is a great help, because this tutorial is huge. Don't be upset about the lack of feedback. I think that the problem is the dimension of this tutorial and maybe some may feel a little disoriented and that "How to" is going help and bring more feedback. And I'm still saying that it was much much better if is possible to create an sub-forum or maybe another topic to discuss your techniques and share our results.
Ciro could we talk about this in my next reply since I'm very tired and btw I'm open to hear your suggestions, o
n where to discuss the workflows and techniques...

Used in the Tutorial as well as to share the results even if thanks to this "HOW TO" doc in conjunction to the main pdf docs, further explanations might not be required.

Ciao.

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing... Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that... So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up... and handle it."

Last edited by withego : 01 January 2012 at 04:31 AM.

Old 01 January 2012   #177
Post Refresh the browser...

Ciro I can see ya refresh the browser, since I just removed the redundant use of the "Tutorial Guide" terminology...

Ciao.

Old 01 January 2012   #178
Great, let's see how your server burns out

Old 01 January 2012   #179
Alex a big thanks for all you hard work and patience. I'm right now seeing this How To. And related to the another subject, don't worry, when you have time we will see the best way to do it. And yes I think that you should be the moderator in this section or at least on of them.

Thanks Alex. Ciao

Old 01 January 2012   #180
Thumbs up Thanks!

I do have to tell you guys that this is an amazing work.

This goes beyond a guide for production or learning mental ray. This is opportunities to a lot of people. People like me, who are from Costa Rica and Central America, and are working to create an industry from scratch and don’t have access to mayor studios or any way of know this kind of stuff. Multiple times we walk blind and the work of people as you not only inspire us but help us to grow.

We need you; we need your work and I´m here to give you my respect for all this hard work. Believe me you are making the difference not just to people trying to learn something; you are helping a complete new industry to grow.

Here I have 20 students working as hard as they can´t follow your work and trying not to waste a minute of your value effort.

Thanks to help us to created opportunities for our country and industry.

Isidro F.

reply share thread