sIBL_GUI For Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2010   #46
Thanks for all your effort!
/Rachid

phenomena2008sp1.zip

Old 05 May 2010   #47
Thx, Rachid

Btw Christian has uploaded yesterday two screencasts on HDRLabs Vimeo Channel, the app used for the screencasts is Maya 2010, so it gives an idea of the workflow :

sIBL GUI - In Depth : Wich is an In-Depth review of the application.

sIBL GUI - Quick Start : A Quick Start screencast showing a typical quick session under Maya.

Old 05 May 2010   #48
Hello,

I just released sIBL_GUI 3.0.6 !

I fixed most of the issues people were encountering with sIBL_GUI 3.0.5 initial release.

The features highlights of this version are :
  • FreeImage C/C++ imaging library bind : sIBL_GUI now support a lot more image formats.
  • Threaded Ibl Sets / Templates continous scanners.
  • sIBL_GUI layout is now stored and restored on application start and exit.

Maya Mental Ray Template has been fixed, there was and issue when a camera is parented under "sIBL" group.

I also spotted a strange behavior on Windows 7 :
I don't really know what I did, but the other day I installed Softimage 2011 - x64, Visual C# 2010, tweaked a few security settings on my Windows 7 ( Uac, etc ) and since then, if I don't launch sIBL_GUI as Administrator, the application is really slow to startup.
I tried to figure out what was the change, but didn't really managed.

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #49
3.06 Error

First of all, THANKS for your wonderful application!

I've found the following error after upgrading to 3.06. I did an uninstall of 3.05 before upgrading. The application loads, but it crashes every time, right before the GUI comes up.
Attached Images
File Type: png sIBL_error.png (12.8 KB, 7 views)

Old 06 June 2010   #50
Originally Posted by pixelweave: First of all, THANKS for your wonderful application!

I've found the following error after upgrading to 3.06. I did an uninstall of 3.05 before upgrading. The application loads, but it crashes every time, right before the GUI comes up.

Mmmh, I see what portion of the code is responsible for that crash ( certainly the threaded scanners ), I didn't think it would happen and that's a really annoying problem. Can you tell me what os you are running ?

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #51
Windows XP Pro x64 Service Pack 2

Old 06 June 2010   #52
I'm doing some tests and experiencing some weird crashes also. Need to figure out what's happening.

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #53
Hi,

Would you mind trying this version : sIBL_GUI-3.0.6-HotFix.rar

It did run on 2 Windows XP box I have here at home ( 32 bit though, I don't have x64 here ).

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #54
Just tried it. The GUI loaded further than before, then I got this dialog box (see attachment), which I clicked. It then crashed. I then relaunched the application and ignored this dialog box. It loaded fully, and asked me if I wanted to update a template (which I said yes to), it then crashed again.
Attached Images
File Type: png crash.png (21.3 KB, 6 views)

Old 06 June 2010   #55
I noticed the following after ignoring the dialog box the second time around - multiply icons of the collections. I had the same problem with this in 3.05, but I just deleted them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multi_collections_issue.jpg (93.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by pixelweave : 06 June 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Old 06 June 2010   #56
This is either issues with SQLite and multithreading, if that's the case I'll have to rework the way I implemented my threaded workers, or it's an issue with your db file.
Could you try remove your sIBL_GUI preferences ( C:\Documents and Settings\$USER\Application Data\HDRLabs\sIBL_GUI ), then make a shortcut to sIBL_GUI.exe and append -v 4 to the target field of the shortcut, then launch the shortcut, sIBL_GUI will start with verbose set to debug, try adding stuff back, then restart, if it's crash again I would be really happy if you can send me the log file in the preferences logging directory.

I'm really sorry mate it doesn't work for you.

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #57
Oh and I don't mind having your database file also ( the sqlite one in the prefs folder )

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #58
I did as you told, and deleted the preferences. It started just fine, but without the redundant collections. It also popped up a question dialog box. If I say Yes to the dialog box, the program crashes, if I say No to the dialog box, things work - so far.

Which address should I email the database to?

Old 06 June 2010   #59
I would like both the logging file and the database please, at this adress : kelsolaar_fool "at" hotmail "dot" com

Thanks for your time

KS

Old 06 June 2010   #60
Thank you for the vimeo uploads

reply share thread