sIBL_GUI For Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2009   #31
Confirmed...working on my OS X side. Will try PC later tonight when I get home...Thanks Question, once we open these ports with this command, does Maya keep them open or do we have to re-type the command on every start of Maya?

Old 08 August 2009   #32
Originally Posted by treedee: Confirmed...working on my OS X side. Will try PC later tonight when I get home...Thanks Question, once we open these ports with this command, does Maya keep them open or do we have to re-type the command on every start of Maya?

No you have to open it each time, or put the 2 lines in your userSetup.mel.

There is a sIBL_GUI shelf available here : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=....Helper%20Script

The first button make the Port Open in 2 clicks, if that make sense I'll add an option so the Shelf can automatically edit the userSetup.

KS

Old 08 August 2009   #33
Thank you for the info!

Old 08 August 2009   #34
I did not had time to make the code for the userSetup edit ( it's a bit long and complex for such a little thing ). If you have the Maya Helper Script you can add those 2 lines in your userSetup.mel :

commandPort -n ( "127.0.0.1:"  + `optionVar -q "sIBL_GUI_Command_Port"` );
commandPort -n ( ":" + `optionVar -q "sIBL_GUI_Command_Port"`);

That will automatically query the value stored by the Helper Script in the Port Option Var.

I also did a new release of the helper script because I noticed that the optionVar wasn't properly stored on Port Opening :

http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=....Helper%20Script

Enjoy !

KS

Old 08 August 2009   #35
Hi,

I added Color Bleeding Option for the sexiness of it to the RfM Template, with creation of the associated Bake Pass.

Without Color Bleeding

With Color Bleeding

I'm not creating an extra camera for the pass currently, because it's a bit hard to setup, but if that's help, I can do it.

Have Fun !

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 08 August 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #36
Originally Posted by Kel Solaar: Hi,

I added Color Bleeding Option for the sexiness of it to the RfM Template, with creation of the associated Bake Pass.

Nice!

Originally Posted by Kel Solaar: I'm not creating an extra camera for the pass currently, because it's a bit hard to setup, but if that's help, I can do it.

Have Fun !

KS

As long as you don't have objects outside the shot that will contribute to radiosity, it should be ok.
Remember that Renderman doesn't dice objects that are outside of the camera view.

I was thinking that maybe you could use the directional light as a camera to generate the point cloud. Or maybe a camera that constraints itself to this light.

Old 09 September 2009   #37
Wonderful plugin! Cant thank you enough!

I ran into a little problem, i'm trying to disable visibility in the render of the background. But i'm not able to, i disable primary visibility but it doesn't work?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the background checkbox

Last edited by Sybexmed : 09 September 2009 at 07:43 AM.

Old 09 September 2009   #38
Originally Posted by leif3d: Nice!

As long as you don't have objects outside the shot that will contribute to radiosity, it should be ok.
Remember that Renderman doesn't dice objects that are outside of the camera view.

I was thinking that maybe you could use the directional light as a camera to generate the point cloud. Or maybe a camera that constraints itself to this light.

I'll check around that, but the annoying thing is to fit the Bake Camera, there is a lot of different ways, especially depending the detail you want in the PTC. The thing that make sense for me is to use a modified version of the Render Camera.
I have no real ideas for now

Originally Posted by Sybexmed: Wonderful plugin! Cant thank you enough!

Thank you Glad you like it !

KS

Old 09 September 2009   #39
Originally Posted by Kel Solaar: I'll check around that, but the annoying thing is to fit the Bake Camera, there is a lot of different ways, especially depending the detail you want in the PTC. The thing that make sense for me is to use a modified version of the Render Camera.
I have no real ideas for now

I believe the point cloud detail is not dependant on the the camera view, so it doesn't really matter how far the camera is.

Old 09 September 2009   #40
I'm pretty sure it's Resolution / Shading Rate dependant with Mtor / Prman, I would guess it's the same with RfM.

Old 09 September 2009   #41
Originally Posted by Kel Solaar: I'm pretty sure it's Resolution / Shading Rate dependant with Mtor / Prman, I would guess it's the same with RfM.

It's just like you said, the camera position is gonna affect how many points are gonna be stored based on how many times the baking shader will be computed.
Selecting a baking camera can depend on many factors, it really depends on your needs. I'd say a good solution to obtain constant file size/quality it's to retrieve the bounding box of your object and create a camera based on this (ie you could change your render camera and not be affected, for example with a moving one).
Btw good job kel!

Old 09 September 2009   #42
I guess you guys could be right about the bake cam.
I thought the quality depended on the shading rate of the point cloud or the max variation of the brick maps.
I thought the camera was just to tell Renderman what objects to dice.

I couldn't find any docs on the camera affecting the bake, but you guys have been using this renderer more than I have, so I'll take your word.

Old 09 September 2009   #43
Originally Posted by kage-maru: It's just like you said, the camera position is gonna affect how many points are gonna be stored based on how many times the baking shader will be computed.
Selecting a baking camera can depend on many factors, it really depends on your needs. I'd say a good solution to obtain constant file size/quality it's to retrieve the bounding box of your object and create a camera based on this (ie you could change your render camera and not be affected, for example with a moving one).
Btw good job kel!

Thanks for the clarification

Originally Posted by leif3d: I guess you guys could be right about the bake cam.
I thought the quality depended on the shading rate of the point cloud or the max variation of the brick maps.
I thought the camera was just to tell Renderman what objects to dice.

I couldn't find any docs on the camera affecting the bake, but you guys have been using this renderer more than I have, so I'll take your word.

I was using Mtor, but it could have been different in RfM not logical but hey

I'm planning to add a Renderer ComboBox, because it starts to be a mess with so many Templates, and for VRay you have 2 of them for example.

KS

Old 10 October 2009   #44
Hello

sIBL_GUI 2.1.1 Is Out !

- sIBL_GUI_FTP is now starting Download automatically when invoked, "Start Download" Button has been removed.
- sIBL_GUI now restores the last visited folder.
- Render Combo Box added in the Import Tab ( Usefull when you have multiple Templates for a Renderer ).

Btw I got a merging issue with my VCS software, if you see weird stuff with Templates ( they should be fixed but it's a lot of lines ) don't hesitate to report it !

Have Fun !

KS

Old 05 May 2010   #45
Ladies en Gentlemen,

After a few months of work, I'm happy to announce that sIBL_GUI 3 is finally available and out of the cooker !

Here is the release thread on CGTalk : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=59&t=885839

sIBL_GUI - Sets Centric Layout

Notice that there is currently no Linux build for now ( I failed freezing the application ), though it's fairaly easy to grab the source code from github : http://github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI and launch directly the python module from there.

The application has been fully rewritten, and features some cool things :

- Component Framework : The Software is now component based, meaning you can extend the functionalities of sIBL_GUI easily and tweak or modify directly the provided components.

- Customizable Ui Layout : Most of the Ui Components are movable, closable and resizable, meaning that you can put them wherever you want in the interface and store / restore the layouts.

- Sqlite Database : Sets, Templates and Collections informations are stored in a database, it's now easier to organise your Collections the way you want without having to move your files around everywhere on the hard drive. You can add Sets one by one if you want.

- Google Map based Gps Map : The Gps Map is now Google Map based, no need for an explanation, it's much better

- Search Database : The search engine offers new possibilities, you can now search in a range of time, to get all Sunset Ibls for example.

etc...

And the download links :

sIBL_GUI 3 :
Have Fun Rendering !

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 05 May 2010 at 08:43 PM.

reply share thread